Cake Baking Problems

Decorating By JMarieSweets Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 7:38pm by pastrylady

JMarieSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMarieSweets Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:07am
post #1 of 9

Hello all. First off I LOVE this site, it has given me so many ideas and tips =)

Now for my question. Lately my cakes are sticking to the middle of the pan when I take them out. This has all started recently and I cant figure it out. I havent changed anything in the way I make them. Any ideas or tips? Any and all help is greatly appreciated

J

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:09am
post #2 of 9

How are you preparing the pan? It sounds like you aren't getting the center of the pan greased well enough. Have you changed what you use to prepare them?

JMarieSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMarieSweets Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:22am
post #3 of 9

I havent changed a thing. Ive been using the spray stuff like bakers joy. Im running to the store now getting the supplies to make home made cake release. Its just started happening recently and its a pain in the rear

salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:01am
post #4 of 9

I use Wilton's cake release and works really well for me. My cakes never stick to the pans when I use the stuff.

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:54am
post #5 of 9

i use the homemade cake release found on this site and my cakes don't stick at all....it also forms a nice base for decorating...no crumbs. =)

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:20am
post #6 of 9

Definitely introduce yourself to the home made pan grease! icon_biggrin.gif

Equal parts of: Shortening, Flour, and Vegetable Oil

I use a cup of each and then beat it in your mixer until fluffy, and coat your pans. Be sure to cover the pans completely, getting into the cracks, etc.

I haven't had a cake stick since icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Baking!
Pat

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:30am
post #7 of 9

I use the Wilton Cake release as well due to having the same issue and i love it and will never change again! I have not had any issues since i started using it! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:38am
post #8 of 9

Try lining the bottom of your pan with parchement paper. It works pretty well - just don't forget to take the paper off the bottom of the cake after you flip it out of the pan!

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCakeGirl

Try lining the bottom of your pan with parchement paper. It works pretty well - just don't forget to take the paper off the bottom of the cake after you flip it out of the pan!

I agree. I never grease my pans at all. I make a parchment circle for the bottom of the pan. After the cakes bake, I run a small offset spatula or paring knife around the sides of the cake and then unmold.

I bake both butter and sponge types cakes without greasing the pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%