Silly Question- Cakes With Monograms...

Decorating By Bonnie151 Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 1:06pm by marmalade1687

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 6

OK, this is likely a completely daft question, but I've seen a lot of cakes with monograms, either on top or on a plaque on a tier. Whose initials are they? Are they the brides? Are they the first letter of the bride & groom? Or where three letters are they the brides first name, maiden name, married name?

5 replies
ddmckinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddmckinney Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 6

the monogram will be brides first name, then the married name, then the grooms name. for example, mine and my husbands would be DMD
Dana & David McKinney

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 6

Monograms are usually done where the first initial is the bride's, then the second initial (bigger than the 1st one) is the couple's last name and then the last initial is the groom's.

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 6

Usually it is done with the bride's first initial, the married last name initial and then the grooms first initial

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 6

Aaaaah! Thank you very much! I really like the look of monograms and am doing a dummy for fun with one and randomly chose some initials. Of course my husband comes in and says "what on earth is that???" and I didn't actually know. icon_lol.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 6

I had a couple who requested that I put the groom's initial first - their monogram would have been an advertisement for a very popular fast food restaurant "MCD"...they just didn't want to go down that road! They changed it to "DCM" instead! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%