Acd Subscription

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm by superstar

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 11

How many of you ladies have subscribed to ACD?? Do you think it's worth it?? I have been considering subscribing and found a website that sells a year for $28.00, but to me it's still expensive for only 6 issues.

Do you think that the magazine is worth the money....or could I learn all the same things here??

TIA

10 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 11

I got it for years but now that I have found cake central, I see more than I could ever see in ACD. I put the money that I would have spent on ACD and Mailbox news and donated to cake central!

I find it much easier to search on the computer than go page by page in all those issues to find an article that I want.
JMO

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 11

I subscribed for this last year and I wasn't really impressed. Like Cakequeen50 says, I get more info off cc. I'm not renewing.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 11

I love getting it. I also get Mailbox News. I have all the ACD that have been published. I have also collected Mailbox News clear back to the Late 50's. They are my prized collecton. I disovered Mailbox News when I was planning my parents 25th anniversary cake, and now I am making their 50th anniversary cake this month. Alot of the older ones are my favorites. I am a buttercream fan and that is mostly what was stressed. I love getting a magazine that highlights my hobby. I always think of how I can make a cake in buttercream. I like to get ideas from them and also love to learn new techniques.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 11

I had it and let it expire. I get so much info from CC, but I find myself looking periodically through the year of back issues I had, so I'm thinking of re-subscribing. icon_smile.gif There are good recipes and how=to's.

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 11

I just received my first issue this month and I was disappointed, but, hey I'm willing to see thru my first year and go from there. Like other members I get more from CC.

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 11

I got a subscription for xmas and just got my first copy. The magazine is great but there wasn't a lot of cakes. The ones they did show they gave detailed instructions for them. I do think that cc has/will help me more than the magazine though!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 11

I think ACD is an awesome publication....BUT, I think the money is better spent being donated to Cake Central...I don't know about most of you folk but I spend way more time on this site than I do thumbing through pages of ANY Magazine...Just seems like the money is better spent keeping CC up and running SMOOTHLY!! JMHO

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:30pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks for the replies everyone...I think I'll hold off...seeing how money is a little tight right now anyways. I can learn so much here it's not even funny....Great idea milissasmom..I may just donate that money to CC instead....when I have it to give again!! icon_smile.gif

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 11

I get it- and I mainly use it to cut from- I cut out pics of cakes to show potential clients, and also for my own inspiration. They don't stay as wwhoole magazines for me- they go into an album icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 11

It is OK, I don't think I will renew my subscription unless there is a special offer or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%