Help! My Mmf Tastes Awful!

Decorating By CeeTee Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 2:10am by CeeTee

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:37am
post #1 of 6

I made a batch yesterday of FlowerGirlMN's Easy MMF. I followed the instructions, let it rest overnight, and it's smooth, pliable, and absolutely perfect in every way...

except for the fact it tastes like nothing but a mouthful of powdered sugar. icon_confused.gif There is NO flavor to it at all. The first two batches I made were flavored (first was chocolate, the second was strawberry, both were wonderful) but this batch I need to be white and vanilla flavor. It's white, but defintly not vanilla or even marshmallow flavor! I was thiking of adding some clear vanilla extract to it, but I'm not sure I can do that this late in the game. Is there any way I can save the flavor of this batch, or do I have to start all over?

I don't need the fondant until Saturday, and I have two more bags of marshmallows. I like making my fondant ahead because it works better for me after a couple of days resting. So, it's not crisis level, but I am wondering what I did wrong.

5 replies
Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:56am
post #2 of 6

I like to add a little butter extract. It makes it so yummy. Try 1/4 tsp. butter and 1/4 tsp. vanilla and go from there.

JackieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieA Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:05am
post #3 of 6

I like to add 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 almond extract...it tastes fantastic...

I have never added the flavouring after, but you have nothing to lose. Try adding another flavour now and if it doesn't work then you will still have to make a new batch icon_smile.gif

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

I have to agree with jackieA--try adding it now and see. At least you'll know for future reference if it's ok to add it after or not. It's always better to have that experience. And you do have time to make another batch if this one doesn't work out. Good luck

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:31am
post #5 of 6

having once forgotten to add the flavorings at the start and having had to add them after it was all made and done....

and in another case having to divide one batch of "no flavor" into several smaller batches of different flavors which again meant adding it after it was all made.

IT WORKS!!! messy -- but it works.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! I'll try that tonight. icon_smile.gif Y'all rock!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%