Need To Find These Cutters

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 4:32pm by all4cake

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 3

I posted this, but it went into the "How Do I?" forum. I really wanted to post it here because I think it will get more notice.

I have attached pictures of a wedding cake I am doing in June (except it will be done in pinks instead of yellows). I am having trouble finding these specific shaped cutters in the right sizes. Can anyone help me with what they are called, what size they are, and where I can find them. I have a ton of cutters, but none exactly like these. I'm pretty sure the five petal ones (shaped sort of like clovers) are the primrose cutters, but I am especially looking for the two large 8 petal cutters. They don't seem to be the same cutter as one has broader petals, while the other one seems to have longer ones. I have looked on all of my favorite supply sites and can't seem to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


2 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 3

Nice shapes, but I've never seen a specific set. Gong out on a limb here, but could you use a sunflower cutter like

and cut the center and teardrops out of each leaf to place on top of one with just the center removed? The other one looks more like a daisy cutter to me with a primrose on top...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%