Thinking Of Entering The Mid Atlantic Cake Show. Who Else?

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 7:25pm by amie202

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 11

Just wondering how many of my CC friends will be entering the MidAtlantic Cake Show. I am sooo afraid to enter. I have only entered a small State Fair contest and I won first place, but I know that the cake show is "Big Time" and I just doubt that I am good enough.

10 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 11

The Mid-Atlantic Cake Show is a really fun show. You should enter. You are probably your own worst critic. Entering helps you to improve your skills, push yourself just a little bit, and you will get to meet some great people and learn amazing things.

I have every intention of being there. I just hope I can get some entries completed. A friend and I are driving together, so our entries have to be sturdy and compact. Of course, they still will have to look very delicate. icon_rolleyes.gif

Another thing about entering a show is you'll be entered to win some prized for every entry. So the more you enter, the more you will win. They may even have a brand new KA mixer as a prize. I'm not sure about this, but it does happen often. There are also vendors there selling things that are hard to find. You'll love the demonstrations as well.

Take the plunge and enter. Once you do, you'll be hooked.

Michele

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 11

I'm entering, never entered anything before and i'm nervous as can be. I'm so afraid that i'll make a fool of myself, but if my cake turns out hideous i'll pretend its not mine icon_smile.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:38am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I'm entering, never entered anything before and i'm nervous as can be. I'm so afraid that i'll make a fool of myself, but if my cake turns out hideous i'll pretend its not mine icon_smile.gif

LOL! I've considered that before! icon_biggrin.gif

Michele

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:39am
post #5 of 11

I don't think I'm ready to enter, but when is it??

Sugarflowers Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 11

April 19th & 20th. Here's the link: http://www.midatlanticcakeshow.com/

Everyone should enter! Even if you don't win a ribbon, you will learn SO much! You might win a ribbon and think about what that will do for your confidence and your business. Competitions build skill and cofidence. Not winning isn't always a bad thing. The judges usually leave helpful notes so that you can do better at your next competition. Other people at the competition can help you to do better.

You can even get advice here on CC for a winning entry. On CC'er asked for help before going to a competition in Austin, TX and ended up taking Best of Show and she was a beginner!

beachcakes, I looked at your photos. You would do fine if you enter Take a chance. You'll be glad you did.

Michele

SheepThrills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheepThrills Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:01am
post #7 of 11

Entering shows is so much fun! I hope I get to go. My regular work schedule may not allow for it though.

Do like Sugarflowers suggests and take the chance. You never know what will happen.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 11

Last year was my first time for going to or entering a cake show. I loved it! It was a great experience and I learned alot. I'm excited about the show again this year, but when I think it's only 3 weeks away I think about how much I have to do between now and then! I'm not in the business and do cakes as a hobby, so I use the cake show as an opportunity to challenge myself!

Everyone should enter. It's a great experience and there are divisions for all levels and skills.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 11

You guys are making me think about it! icon_smile.gif How do you know what category you belong in?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 11

Here's the link. Just click on the rules and entry forms. It will give you a breakdown of the divisions and criteria for each one. I'm going to work on my cake today! I have alot to get done in the next 3 weeks!

amie202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amie202 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 11

Hey All Its Mid-Atlantic Time Again!

March 21 & 22 2009

check it out and get those cakes registered at

www.cakeshow.org

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%