Bite Taken Out Of Cake-Help!

Decorating By fourfelinefriends Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 9:25pm by deanwithana

fourfelinefriends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourfelinefriends Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a cake with a killer whale biting into a bigger cake. Ace of cakes did this with a bulldog too and had the whole side of the cake exposed-but I can't remember if they covered it with something??? How should I keep the cake from drying out while it is exposed to the air?

6 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmm...well, while you are figuring out how you will do the cake, make sure it is covered with plastic wrap?

mogzilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mogzilla Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 7

They covered the bite with crumb coat and black fondant.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 7

If you want make the bite look like exposed cake, I'd cut out the bite, ice it with your icing of choice, and then re-adhere some of the cut out cake to it, leaving some crumbs on the board for effect.

Rae

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 7

I remember that they did cover the "bite" with icing and some fondant. I like the idea of adhering some of the crumbs to the outside and the board tomake the bite a little more realistic.

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 7

Take the "bite" out at delivery? Not literally of course! OMG! i crack myself up! LOLOLOLOL~

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

I remember when they did this......I think that they put the cake in or around the dogs mouth!!! then they sealed off the cake with a plain icing.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%