How To Introduce Myself

Business By Jenn2179 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 10:53am by kakeladi

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 4

I know there have been other posts but I can't find them so I am asking for help. I have my own cake business and I am getting business but I am trying to bring in more. How would you introduce yourself and your business to Caterers and Reception sites. I already introduced myself to a number of people in the area but am looking to do it more. The one caterer I met with a few weeks ago helped me alot. I got some really nice oversized postcards made to give to these people to pass along to brides. I am also planning on making samples to give but how should go about doing it. Any suggestions would be great.
TIA
Jenn

3 replies
Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone have any ideas?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 4

Its just old fashioned pounding the pavement .... take literature and/or sample cookies/cupcakes with you and either just show up at their door or call to make an appt to come in and see them.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:53am
post #4 of 4

Yep, what IndyDebi says.
I've heard at big companies you need to call ahead and make an appointment w/the "HR officer" - a fancy name for officer managericon_smile.gif
Take samples (a 6" decorated to the hilt) & lit and be prepared to tell them what a great idea it is to give a b'day party (w/cake from you!) once a month.
Get 3 or 4 of those lined up and you will be all set.
Word of mouth thru those employees will spread your business like wildfireicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%