Need Help With A "unique" Baby Shower Cake!

Decorating By heiser73 Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 3:03pm by jammjenks

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there,
So the other day I got a call from a customer who lives about 30 min. away from me, and heard from someone in my town that I do cakes. So she wants to order one, because she doesn't want a standard sheet cake that you buy at a grocery store, she wants something unique. She is calling back today so that I can give her some ideas, but she has no idea what she wants, just saying that she wants it to be unique.

I just don't know the questions to ask so that I can get an idea of what she would like. Any suggestions? I mentioned baby blocks already, I was going to say something about gift boxes stacked on top of each other, what other ideas can I give her? Thanks so much!!! I so appreciate the help!
-Alison

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 5

I love the clothesline cakes and the Mod Mom cakes! There was also a really cute one of a baby's bottom recently.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much both of you for your help! I gave her all of the suggestions you gave me, plus a few extra. She really liked the stroller, clothesline, and bassinet idea. She just called me this morning and decided she wants a bassinet! So hopefully I can pull that off!! Thanks again for your help!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%