Wraping Individual Cookie For Bouquet With Out Baggies

Baking By amaniemom Updated 18 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm by amaniemom

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 7

Hi I have made cookies for a bouquet for a center piece but when I went to Michael's they did not have baggies big enough. What can I use to wrap the each cookie individually? Any ideas?
thanks

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 7

how big are the cookies??? I use treat bags that are clear and the bags are gussetted which means they have like a pleast in the sides so they can expand if necessary. I get them at wal mart in the party supplies section (balloons, toys, etc.) and they're just over a dollar for 20 of them!

amaniemom Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

they are about 4 inches across, will they fit?

BakingStacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingStacey Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 7

The plastic wrapping that they use for baskets can also be used for wrapping cookies. You just cut them to size for the size of the cookies. Then using a ribbon and tie the bottom together.

Good luck

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 7

The treat bags that KHalstead mentioned will work perfectly. I did some large bingo cookies (4"x6") and had plenty of room. You can also check the grocery store for baggies (not the ziplocks) as those work very good, too.

N2Cookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N2Cookies Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 7

I have used the Baggies and they work great. I have even used them with the clear bags for stability when wrapping two half dozen non sugar cookies then place them in the bag. Also our Dollar Tree has the clear bags, I just purchaed 30 for 1.00, if you use these they will have to be trimmed because they are treat bags. The Baggies work best Walmart sells a 150 bags for less than $2.00. HTH

amaniemom Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%