Cake Central Throw Down, Official Rules

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 9:10am by wgoat5

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:59am
post #1 of 15

1. Any member may challenge another CC member to a TD. The TD will all begin and end on the specified dates so all pictures of completed cakes can be uploaded for judging at the same time. This will make it easy for all CC members to judge each TD photo, and, all winners can be announced at the same time.

2. Throw Downs will begin on the 1st day of every month. They will end in exactly 3 weeks from the start date, at which time your pictures will be sent to the person designated to upload them for you and your challenger. You will have until 3:00 pm CST on that date to get your pictures sent to the designated picture poster of your particular TD.

3. You may submit up to 3 photos for judging.

4. Fondant, Gumpaste, Sugarpaste and/or Buttercream, you pick your mediums to decorate your cake with. TD challengers may use any decorating medium combinations they wish as long as it is edible.

5. Loser is the poster of the new throwdowns. This means the loser of a TD will upload pictures for the subsequent judging.

6. No Sheet cakes allowed.

7. Throwdowners should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are a TD winner please try to be fair and choose a member with "equal to or greater than" decorating skills you possess.

8. No plastic, metal or other non-edible purchased Toys on cake of any kind. Everything must be edible with exception of the cake board and supports.
Competitors may use wires,straws, and dowels for supports. These supports should be hidden in the cake and not visible by viewing the cake.

9. The 2 TD Challengers will choose the theme of cake to be designed.

10. "Any non-winning CC member may only participate in a Throw Down 1 time in a 12 month period." "Only the current winner of a Throw Down will continue on" Once this winner loses he/she must wait 12 months before participating in another TD".

11. "Everything on the cake, including the cake, has to be crafted and decorated entirely by the cc member participating in the TD". No help from anyone else. Exceptions; You may have help with the cutting of cake boards or structual support.

12. Only 2 members may compete in any particular Throw Down. However, many Throw Downs can be going on at one time. A TD isn't a TD if there are more than 2 competing a TD.

13. Any shape pan for bottom layer but can NOT be larger than 12".

14. Cakes are to be no more than 2 tiers or stacks.

14 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 15

Was there a committee formed or poll taken to decide these rules?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 15

Just what everybody threw out there Theresa...but are you still gonna be able to post our pics when we send them to you on Saturday? Pm me when you get a chance..

icon_biggrin.gif Christi icon_biggrin.gif

(nice to see you online!!! Moving going ok?)

playingwithsugar Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 9:04am
post #4 of 15

Gotcha. I missed most of what was going on due to the technical difficulties we were having here. Oh, well. Now I'm informed.

Moving sucks, but thanks for asking. I found a great house, put money down on it, and am now waiting for the signed sales agreement, so I can have the required inspection done. I know it's not going to pass, because the furnace and roof are old. Both work well, but do need replacing, so those will have to be bargaining tools for renegotiation.

When I'm done reading through e-mails I am going to take a look in the multi-list for alternate properties.

Yes, I will participate in any way you wish. Both of you come to a decision on what you want me to do, and then send me PM's stating so.

Take care -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 15

Just bringing this up so everybody can see again icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 15

Yes! Everyone needs to keep seeing this so we can have more challenges going on next month.

If you wish to participate in a TD please read the rules then pm myself, TeeKakes or WGoat5 and we will get you going. Remember, May TD's beging on May 1st so get your challenges going now! thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:52am
post #7 of 15

Yes! Everyone needs to keep seeing this so we can have more challenges going on next month.

If you wish to participate in a TD please read the rules then pm myself, TeeKakes or WGoat5 and we will get you going. Remember, May TD's beging on May 1st so get your challenges going now! thumbs_up.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #8 of 15

Yea!!!!! I can't wait...

Come on guys and gals.... Just DO IT icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:56am
post #9 of 15

And I volunteer to post the entries and collect the votes for anyone who would like me to.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #10 of 15

...so whats the theme for May? Where do I find that out?
icon_wink.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 6:50am
post #11 of 15

Do the pics get posted on the main page? Are we all allowed to vote, and if so where do we go to do that?

I apologize if I've missed the answer some where in this thread, I'm super tired but my little one doesn't seem to want to sleep tonight so my eyes are not seeing to well.

Good luck to this months contestants!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:37am
post #12 of 15

I know Christi, Teekakes or someone else will answer you but what the heck, I'm awake icon_biggrin.gif.

According to rule #9, the two contestants decide the theme. I haven't seen any mention of the theme yet in the current throwdown thread though... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5894969-.html

Pics are posted in a new POLL thread, and I'm pretty sure they'll link to that thread from the throwdown announcement thread so be sure to click "watch this topic" on the above thread if you want a notification that it's time to vote. (Anyone can vote!) I don't think they were able to get the throwdown "pinned" to the front page, so you just kind of have to keep your eyes peeled for it. It'll get bumped a lot over the first few days (one would hope!) so you should see it on the home page a lot. Here's a link to the first one so you can see how it all went (it went marvelously by the way!) http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=580140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=throwdown&&start=0

That's all I've got, I seriously have to get to bed now icon_redface.gif

xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:50am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

I know Christi, Teekakes or someone else will answer you but what the heck, I'm awake icon_biggrin.gif.

According to rule #9, the two contestants decide the theme. I haven't seen any mention of the theme yet in the current throwdown thread though... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5894969-.html

Pics are posted in a new POLL thread, and I'm pretty sure they'll link to that thread from the throwdown announcement thread so be sure to click "watch this topic" on the above thread if you want a notification that it's time to vote. (Anyone can vote!) I don't think they were able to get the throwdown "pinned" to the front page, so you just kind of have to keep your eyes peeled for it. It'll get bumped a lot over the first few days (one would hope!) so you should see it on the home page a lot. Here's a link to the first one so you can see how it all went (it went marvelously by the way!) http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=580140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=throwdown&&start=0

That's all I've got, I seriously have to get to bed now icon_redface.gif

Thanks Ceshell for answering and goodnight!!!

xstitcher Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 7:57am
post #14 of 15

I must be going blind, or it's the late night but where exactly do I click to watch the topic?

wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 9:10am
post #15 of 15

icon_smile.gif

Watch the topic by selecting the little sentance under the new topic button on the last post....or by just responding on a thread that will keep you posted for awhile icon_smile.gif

The TD'ers pick the theme icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%