Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:00pm
post #121 of 2128

You guys are just wonderful!!!! Thankyou so much for your kind offers, I really appreciate them, however, I wasn't asking for assistance when I mentioned it, and would feel guilty receiving any. I just wanted to share what's happening in our life at the moment, as it's a fairly big thing. We've been organising it for a month or more now. I have written letters to 3 of our local organisations who support children or families going through difficulties, and I'm awaiting replies. We are hoping to get some financial help that way. I'll keep you updated!

I always thought dyslexia was just reading things back-to-front, but man, have I learnt a lot! Both boys have reading/writing difficulties, but my second son, Kalan, walks into doorways, trips over all the time, puts his clothes on back-to-front, and can't remember instructions 10 seconds after I've given them! We had no idea these were all signs of dyslexia - it's been great to find out what the problem is. We understand him better now. That's why this programme is so important to us - it's affecting his (and our) everyday life!

Pootchi, how did everything go?? How are you feeling?

Well, for weigh-in I'm down .5 to 154.7. So I'm pretty happy. Have we all got rid of that Easter chocolate?? Let's go for it this week, ladies!!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:22pm
post #122 of 2128

Well everyone....this is a milestone! I am BELOW 150! I havent been there in a year probably. I was 149.6 this morning. HOWEVER, I wasnt feeling well yesterday and I hardly ate anything. So I know that is the secret to my success, unfortunately. But hey, maybe it is enough to get me back on track, being excited about being below 150.

So goals:
1. get back to journaling foods and calories on calorie king.
2. Exercise 5 days per week
3. Drink 64 ounces of water daily. No pop until all the water is gone.
4. Research some new recipes. I am getting tired of the same old same old.
5. Dont eat anymore easter candy. thumbsdown.gif

Wow, sonia, I didnt know that dyslexia went that deep either. I guess it makes sense though, just not processing all types of information properly. I hope you find the assistance emotionally and financially that you need. We know that you arent looking for hand outs. But I know I would be willing to donate a little something if you should change your mind.

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:09pm
post #123 of 2128

Sonia, I would also be willing to donate, although I don't know how much I would be able to help. Please let us know.

Merissa, it's good news that you are under 150. I know that it is a big motivator for you. I am glad the at-home bakery will be feasible for you. I know that you will be able to do it.

I completely forgot to weigh in this morning. I actually was thinking of other things. Like the Port Authority drivers going on strike.

Guess I will be doing seven miles in the morning and at night instead of two. I'll have to get my bike on the road. And in this weather, too. Why can't they wait at least until summer. What really is bothering me is that I already have purchased my bus pass through work and am not sure what kind of compensation I will get from them.

Susan, I haven't congratulated you on your loss yet. Way to go!

Pootchie, how are you? I've been thinking of you all day yesterday and sending good vibes. Hope you are doing well.

Tuesday, you be careful with that shoulder. If it doesn't feel better you need to go to the doctor to have it seen to.

Carol, I feel for you with the root canal. Never had one of those but did have four gum surgeries a couple years ago. Not fun, but at least now I still have my teeth.

Goals for this week:

Water, water, water
Get back to eating a good breakfast (have definately slipped with this)
Exercise (The way it looks now, that's taken care of)

Well, it's after 9 and I still haven't done any work. Better go for now.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:43pm
post #124 of 2128

Well I lucked out with the tooth. No root canal, just a build-up (whatever that is). Wahoo! After an hour in the dentist chair I was as good as new.

I weighed in this morning at 134.9. That is up 2/10 of a pound from last week, but Iâm excited I didnât gain more with all the Easter binging I did over the weekend.

Merissa, great job getting below 150. Hitting those milestones is a great motivator.

Sonia, Iâm also clueless on dyslexia. I thought it was just a reading thing. Let us know how we can help.

Michelle, Iâm with you. I hide my chocolate bars in the freezer under the bags of frozen vegetables. Out of sight, out of mind.

Karen, too bad about the strike. But just think what all that exercise with do to your body. I can see a lean, mean, fighting machine in your future.

Carol

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:49pm
post #125 of 2128

Good morning ladies!
The surgery went well! I'm feeling great. I'm just feeling a little stiff but not much pain. I'm taking only tylenol for the pain during the day. The doc suggested I take my painkillers he prescribe just for the night since I don't have any big pain.
I slept very well!
Yesterday I even went to my dd's show. She knew I was there only after the show because I got home at 6pm and she had already left. She was so good. She did better than every other time she did it. She practiced a lot lately and it showed. She said that she wasn't nervous because she was listenning at the original stand-up comic show in her mp3 player before she came on the stage. She was ready!
I was really careful there. I went and sat after everyone else, and I got out before everyone. My mom was with me since my dh was at work. Today dh works at 4pm so he's with me all day, and since there was a show yesterday night, all the 6 graders have school only in the afternoon. So dd is with me this morning. She's doing the laundry and she's so helpful! She keeps telling me she loves me.
I'm so proud of her!
I won't be able to get exercise for a few weeks but they said I can walk outside, slowly but I can do it. So I'll try to take my first walk on Monday when I go to my nutritionist. Usually it takes me 15-20 minutes to go there, but I'll go 45 minutes before my appointement just to make sure.
Well I got to go right now. I'll go lay down a little before I feel pain. I'll check in later

Thanks everyone for the good vibes! I felt them! icon_smile.gif
That's why I'm feeling so good!

Have a great day
Lorris

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:26pm
post #126 of 2128

Hello, I read a couple of pages of this and it looks like this is just a thread for ya'll to talk and get to know each other and stuff, am I correct?

If so, my name is Connie I am a stay at home mom to two little ones Tabitha 4 and Paul 3.

springlakecake Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:20pm
post #127 of 2128

Hi Redhare! Actually this is a continuation of our thread since the database crash. The group is focused around weight loss. But yes, we do chat about other things as well. You are welcome to join if you like! I don't know if you want to lose weight or not. The way we flow is for weigh ins on Thursdays and we write ourselves goals for the next week. Wednesday we try to have a "no cheat" day. Any everyday we check in for support of any kind and fun!

My niece is supposed to be having her heart surgery today. I havent heard anything yet.

redhare Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:39am
post #128 of 2128

omgoodness Merissa I will say an extra prayer for your neice how scary!

Well, honestly I don't need to lose any weight BUT I do need to get back on my exercising horse again it is almost that bad word again (swim suit season ACK)...

Sorry to have invaded I just saw this long thread and thought it might be one for me to chit chat w/ ya'll on a different level (and get me addicted to this site in another way)...

scgriffiths Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:27am
post #129 of 2128

Hi Connie! You're not invading. Anyone is welcome. You can join us to regain your exercise enthusiasm if you like!

Merissa, we'll be praying for Sophie. Keep us updated! And congratulations on reaching your next milestone! (It doesn't matter HOW you got there, at least you're there!) Keep up the good work, I won't be far behind!!

Lorris, it's great to hear you went well. As you probably read, we were all thinking of you!! It's great you got to see your daughter perform too. I'm sure she was thrilled you could make it. Take it easy, won't you??

Carol, great to hear you tooth is better. I had root canal a few months ago. It wasn't actually much worse than a filling, just longer and more expensive!!

I'm trying to be really organised today, as I have 2 cakes to do tonight. They take me about 4 hours each, and I don't usually start them till after the kids go to bed. I'll have to start a bit earlier today, though! And I'll have to put the scraps straight in the bin so I'm not tempted!!

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 8:34am
post #130 of 2128

Sonia, you're a baking fool! Do you know that slang expression? Americans often add "fool" after an activity that someone does a lot. I'm sure "baking fool" would apply to many on CC! It's a compliment! Good luck with all your cakes, that sounds like a lot of work, can't wait to see photos.

Merissa....BELOW 150! Great, good for you! I know it's where you've wanted to be for a long time, many congratulations. I'm thinking about your family and Sophie today and wishing everyone the very best.

Pootchie, it sounds like your surgery went very well and you're encouraged about your recovery. This is your opportunity to take it easy, please do it! I'm glad it's over for you, and I hope this is the start of you feeling GREAT!

Connie, you're welcome to join us. We're primarily concentrating on losing weight, getting into shape, and supporting one another, so if you're trying to get motivated to exercise, this is a great place to start. Welcome!

Karen, I don't how you manage to walk so much each day and survive, I'm in awe. My feet would be killing me and I'm afraid I'd be cranky. Good for you!

Carol, no root canal is always a good day! I hope your good fortune continues!

I'm baking tonight after going with friends to see a movie (Mad Money), so I'm psyching myself up, like Sonia, to not eat the scraps. A friend has requested Pumpkin Whoopie Pies instead of a birthday cake. A little out of season and it was a bit of a challenge to find pumpkim puree, but she loves them and I love her, so I don't mind. She's having a catered Chinese dinner tomorrow at another friend's house. The weather is beautiful today, I hope it holds, this house is on vineyard land and it's quite gorgeous in the rolling hills, so hopefully we can eat outside.

I'm not having difficulty staying in my 1200-1550 calorie range, but I've been starving, really hungry. I hate going to bed hungry, it's so hard. I need to take a look at my food and make sure I'm getting enough bulk and fiber, maybe that will help. Have a great day!

Otter Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:32pm
post #131 of 2128

Morning all!

Welcome, Connie! You are not intruding. When you come right down to it, we are just a group who supports each other. We just simply all want to lose weight. Please feel free to join us.

Lorris, it is great to hear you are doing well. Now take it easy and don't overdo. It is so easy to do that.

Susan, I've been walking like that ever since I was in high school. That is how I went from a size 10 in high school to a size 3. I am not sure if anybody is familiar with the Boston area, but once we walked from the North side of Boston to Quincey on the South of Boston. That must have been almost 20 miles. I guess thaat I gained the weight when I got a job at a storage facility in Florida and worked six days a week and therefore didn't get any exercise. I now weigh about 30 lbs more than I did in high school. No, I don't want to get back into a size 3, but it would be nice if I could flatten this stomach some. Once the weather gets warmer, I will be able to get out and do some gardening and up my exercise some.

Merissa, will be thinking of and praying for Sophie and her parents. Hope all goes well.

Tuesday, are you feeling better?

Sonia, good luck with the cakes. I can't seem to get any orders for mine. Everybody likes them, but nobody wants to pay for one. icon_cry.gif

Well, Guess I'd better go think about getting some work done. Talk to you all later.

Karen

springlakecake Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:41pm
post #132 of 2128

Hi everyone. I will give you the Sophie update first. She had her surgery yesterday and my FIL called to say she was doing as well as could be expected. They actually found 3 holes in her heart and the one was the biggest the surgeon had ever seen apparently. But he said she had been doing extremely well considering the condition the heart was in. Her heart is also enlarged due to all of the extra work it was doing. But it sounds like once she is recovered from the surgery, that is all she'll need. First 24 hours are critical, but she was doing well as of last night.
Thanks for thinking and praying for her!!

Lorris, I am glad to hear you are up and around and feeling well! Sounds like a sucess!

Connie, you are more than welcome even if you dont want to lose weight. We are also about health and exercise too. Just so you don't mind us whining about weight quite often.

WEll I was back over 150 this morning. I knew it was too good to be true! But it was 150.6, so not too far off. I think my goal for next week is to get below 150 again!

I made a new thing last night! Chicken noodle soup. Can you believe I have never made it before? I even made the noodles. I guess that part wasnt really "diet" but it was still really yummy and it just sounded good with everyone being sick around here. So I can scratch that off of my goals for the week....try out new recipes!

redhare Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:32pm
post #133 of 2128

Wow thanks for the warm welcome... Please forgive me as I am HORRIBLE w/ names so just give me time to learn all of your names.

Merissa (so glad we can scroll thru previous posts while posting) glad that so far sophie is doing well. That has to be so scary.

I get to bake today as well, I'm going to attempt Mamacc's baby cake for my sil's baby shower. I'm a little nervous about carving the baby properly but I have my husband on hand (he's in architecture and it comes in handy believe it or not while I do cakes LOL)....

I was going to attempt to start exercising again today but might be pointless since I KNOW I won't have time this weekend to keep it up but if I keep procrastinating it won't happen. Don't laugh, but I do the Carmen Electra Striptease work out dvd's I do the second disc that has no dancing and its about an hour long. I really want to flatten/tone up my stomach and thighs. Hopefully that will help w/ stretch marks too (thank you children LOL)

Good Luck w/ everyone not eating scraps today! That's the hardest part for me, I almost never eat any of my cake but the scraps w/o icing on them are hard to resists. It's funny everyone teases me b/c I don't eat my cake at the parties and stuff but I'm tired of cake really, I had my couple bites of it before it was decorated (LOVE plain cake) and I had my fill. The only time I really have cake at a party is when it's a new recipe for me type thing.

Susan I have no idea how you can go to bed hungry that would keep me awake. Have you tried like chugging a ton of water right before bed to make you feel satisfied?

Ya'll have some major ambition and will power GOOD JOB to all of you!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #134 of 2128

Well look at you losing ladies on here!
I am so glad the prayers worked for Loris and merissa! I knew we had it in us to give that extra support! icon_wink.gif

Susan I am right there with ya, you know the hard road I Have had to row with my weight....KEEP LOOKING AT WHAT YOU EAT...sounds like something's missing.

Sonia I agree, yous a baking fool! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif <<<aint we all though?! icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome connie! You can be assured you are more than welcome here! We are here to support each other, give advice receive advice, sharing our lives and struggles with fitness. Not just loosing weight, getting healthy for ourselves and our families too. To set a good example for our kids, family and ourselves!
I have said it before...I think of our putting down the cake club as a comfortable push up/underwire bra.......supportive, helpful and just makes you feel better all around...... we support each other better than any 18 hour bra anyway with out poky wires!

Sorry I didn't make weigh in, I went to hosp. late wed. night with my shoulder in horrible pain...well I partially dislocated it! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif
So let's just say IT HURT!
I am guessing I somehow did this when I went to pick up my 2 and 3 year olds out of our bed in middle of night and their combined weight when I tripped over 2 dogs in the dark just popped it out. icon_rolleyes.gif

It feels a little better but still soar and kinda weak feeling in that arm, thank God I have no cake orders due!
All though my Dad and my grandfather both had birthdays wed & Thurs. so this weekend is a combined pot luck with addition of a celebration of their 2 birthdays...so I have to do something......

And my 14 year old is turning 15 in 2 weeks! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif MY BABY'S GROWING UP!!!!
And she wants a coffin cake with black roses and a purple clad fairy!!!!<<<now she says this with a smile and a "I KNOW IF ANYONE CAN MAKE THIS MOM IT'S YOU!"<<<Talk about pressure! icon_biggrin.gif

Well sorry for the novel I just made you read!
Let's kick some fat cell booties and show them calories and inches who's boss! Cause we are the champs of THE PUTTING DOWN THE CAKE CLUB 2!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:07pm
post #135 of 2128

Hi ladies,

Today I feel so weird. I'm more tired and stiff than yesterday, but yesterday I pent all my day resting, I even went to bed really early.
This morning was my first shower. DH had to wait outside the bathroom, with the door open. That was a great feeling to finally being able to take a shower. I'm more a bath person (never used the shower since we moved here last May). The shower is in the basement and the bath on the first floor.
DH helped me put a turkey in the oven. I've put it sooner than usual in the oven, because works at 4pm and my dd is babysitting, so I wouldn't have help to get it out of the oven. My oldest ds is almost 14 but is not very strong. DD who's 12, is taller, larger and stronger than her older brother. She looks more like the oldest in the family than the oldest! icon_razz.gif

My little Pootchi is at the vet right now. He's getting his teeth out. I hope everything goes well. He will feel better after this, and he'll smell better too. He always smelled like he had eaten his p**p! He was already like this when we got him. My cousin didn't take care of him really well. He was 3½ y-o when we got him. It was this or my cousin was putting him to sleep. So we saved him and now he's a happy dog. He'll be even happier after his mouth is taken care of.

I decided to take a look at the scale this morning. But after this surgery I'm so bloated! and swollen! I'm back at 196. So I won't take that number for an official number. I'll wait for next week.

Well I'll go for now. I'll try to come back later today. Yesterday I tried a few times to come and post but I just couldn't log in here. The CC page just wouldn't load up.
Have a great day!
Lorris

springlakecake Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:17pm
post #136 of 2128

oh man Tuesday! I can't believe dislocated your shoulder!! OMG! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Susan123 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 11:41am
post #137 of 2128

Tuesday, I can't believe you lived with a dislocated shoulder! They are incredibly painful and please take time to heal! Your muscles really need time to recover and get back into place. Yikes, I hope you feel better!

Katie, I couldn't log on yesterday either beginning about mid-morning, so I think it was a system problem. You'll be back to under 170...your goals are great and you know it's achievable! Thank you for your congratulations, I feel somewhat encouraged.

Lorris, from working in hospitals so many years, I've learned that the 2nd day after surgery is often the most difficult. I hope you feel better today and only go up from there!

Redhare (I apologize, I forgot your name), yep, it's hard to go to bed hungry. I wasn't capable last night, I ate a peanut butter pita sandwich about 9PM, I just couldn't do it again. I really need to figure out some foods that are bulkier or more fibrous so that I stay full because I know late night eating can be deadly.

I made the pumpkin whoopie pies this morning, they're so good! I ate a few scraps and I'm going to try and adjust my food for the rest of the day. Have a great day!

Pootchi Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 1:47pm
post #138 of 2128

Good morning ladies!

I feel much better today. I don't need any painkillers (not even some Tylenol). I listen to my body. When I'm tired I go rest on the couch. I don't do heavy lifting at all. My kids help me a lot!
The bad thing is, I had so many phone calls for cakes! If I would've been able to do them it would have been the busiest weekend ever for me! All new clients except one! But I told them I would be able to work after April 12.
For that first weekend I'll have the help of my dd for my cakes just in case ....
My appetite is coming back slowly. I know I need to eat to recover fully. So that's good.

My little Pootchi is feeling better too. I need to purée is food. He's not the kind of dog that eats everything. He loves dry food but only the Cesar one. So I took his dry food, soaked it in turkey broth and puréed it. He liked it. Without teeth it's hard to eat dry foods....

Tuesday, a dislocated shoulder? ouch! that must have hurt a lot!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Lorris

moreCakePlz Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:50pm
post #139 of 2128

Yea, CC is back up. I couldnât log on at all yesterday. It is strange how attached you can get to a web site.

Lorris, your poor puppy, having to get all his teeth pulled. Iâm going to go out today and buy a toothbrush for my Peanut.

Susan, why are they called âwoopie pies? Is there a story associated with that name? icon_lol.gif BTW: Donât know if you remember Al Copeland (founder of Popeyeâs Chicken and Biscuits). He died on Easter of salivary cancer.

Katie, thanks for the SparksPeople article. It could have been written just for me. I have a huge problem with cake. Once I start eating it, I just canât stop. After I eat it, I feel guilty and frustrated, so yea you guessed it, I eat more.

Marissa, I still canât get over how beautiful your cake is. I agree with your DH. Get that kitchen up and running and soon youâll be as famous as Duff.

Tuesday, I hope youâre shoulder feels better today.

Connie, welcome to the Putting Down the Cake Club, and Iâm sure your carved cake baby will be beautiful.

Here is an article about how doing puzzles can boost your brain power:

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/02/games_offer_brain_workouts.html

Have a great day everyone.

Carol

Susan123 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 9:59am
post #140 of 2128

Carol, I'm not sure what the story behind the name "whoopie pies" is, but boy were they good! They're similar to what may be called "moon pies" in the South, something I certainly grew up with in New Orleans, what about you? This recipe resulted in 2 very soft cookies on the outside with buttercream sandwiched in between...yum. And they were a hit at the party last night, so that was fun. Hmmm...maybe since I was knee deep in them yesterday (I made about 70 for 35 servings), I'll be exposed to more "whoopie"! Nothin' wrong iwth that!!

I do remember Al Copeland and of course I LOVE Popeye's, especially the spicy chicken and the biscuits. And you won't believe this...although I eat from there very rarely, THERE'S ONE HERE!! There's a Popeye's at the food court on the American Army post where I work. Who'd thunk? I do try and stay away though...

Lorris, I'm glad you're feeling better and what great encouragement about all the cake orders! Sounds like business is good, I'm happy for you.

I ate homemade Chinese food at the party last night, we had a real Chinese cook, preparing it at a friend's house and it was sooooo good. This was for my Wednesday night group, we were celebrating a birthday. With spouses and kids, there were about 25 peopole there, it was fun. I ate til I was full, but didn't have any cake or whoopie pies (actually I sampled enough while baking!), so I'm trying to readjust today.

Have a great Sunday everyone...

scgriffiths Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #141 of 2128

Whoopie pies sound yummy! Actually so does the Chinese - - - maybe I'm just hungry!

Lorris, it's good to hear that you and Pootchi are feeling better. I guess you can be a comfort to each other!

Katie, I think I'll set myself the same goal: water! I've been slack. If I fill some drink bottles and put in the fridge I'm more likely to drink water, so I'd better go do that!

Well, I had left over chocolate cake, left over buttercream, fresh raspberries and chocolate in the cupboard/fridge, so I made cake balls this morning for our church luncheon. They were a real hit. Adding raspberries to the cake was soooo yummy!

redhare Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:16am
post #142 of 2128

Well, I didn't get to my workout on Friday but I had a feeling I wouldn't w/ the baking I had to do (plus the clean up afterwards) and then my best friend and her dh came over for a game night so oh well. Try again tomorrow LOL..

I finished the baby cake Saturday night and my brother noticed as they were opening presents that the blanket I gave them was the one on the cake Score 1 for my brother LOL...

How is your shoulder Tuesday?
How are you feeling now Pootchi (sorry dont' know your name icon_redface.gif )

Well, I'm supposed to be uploading pictures from the baby shower to email them to everyone guess I should actually do that icon_rolleyes.gif

Susan123 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:50am
post #143 of 2128

Hi All~

I think spring has finally arrived in northern Italy, at least I hope so. The last few days have been beautiful, around 65 with lots of sunshine, it's great. The flowers around town are really gorgeous too, pretty soon the wisteria will start to bloom and it always smells so good.

My Sunday was OK, I just need to start exercising again, I feel the creakiness in my bones. I'm a bit frustrated because for some reason my water doesn't stay hot, it's only warm, so long hot showers or baths are not possible. I called today (again), so hopefully it will be fixed soon. You always hear "domani, domani" (tomorrow) here, so sometimes I have to light a fire! The good news is that it's lunchtime and I've already had 4 fruits/vegs for the day and I'm feeling on track calorie-wise. Happy Monday!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:59am
post #144 of 2128

HI ladies! I got do frustrated this weekend tryint to get on and CC was just down no pages loading at all for me, icon_cry.gif
But I did need to let my shoulder rest I guess you would say....
It feels much stronger now and I still cant believe I didn't realize how seriously it hurt!
It's just after having given birth and battling bad teeth all my life a little sharp pain just didn't phase me too much..plus I was downing 1000 milligrams of ibuprofens too. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Feeling better but now I have 3 cup cake orders due and my daughter's birthday is april9th and she wants a coffin cake with black roses and a fairy in purple sitting under a scary looking tree no less.<<<<oh Duff where are you? icon_confused.gif

I guess I'll be able to do it...just cant get my barrings around this one for reason.

Hope everyone is fat cell booty kicking!

glad to see the surgeries went well and everyone made it back after the down time too.
I'll catch up and write more later my 2 and 3 year old just got up an are fighting over the couch and blankets to watch cartoons! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif <<<durn cute little monsters! icon_biggrin.gif

Otter Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:17pm
post #145 of 2128

Good morning, all!

Glad I am not the only one who was having problems with CC this weekend. I couldn't get on at all.

I had a terrible eating weekend. I'll spare you the details, but it was not pretty.

Tuesday, I am so glad that you went to see the doctor. That must have been very painful.

Susan, glad to hear you are finally getting spring in Northern Italy. Pittsburgh is still showing no signs of spring. It has been below freezing at night for the last week, and not too much better during the day.

Lorris, I sure hope you are taking it easy. It is good that you are getting cake orders but don't start working too soon.

Well, I guess I'd better go get ready to start work now. Just checking in.

Karen

moreCakePlz Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:23pm
post #146 of 2128

Well I did verrrrry bad with my eating this weekend. Chinese on Saturday, Red Velvet cake Saturday night (2 pieces), and Olive Garden on Sunday. I gained 3 pounds according to this morningâs weigh in! So easy to put on, so difficult to take off.

Susan, the whoopee pies sound delicious. This weekend Iâm going to bake a similar recipe that I found on Epicurious (while CC was down). It is cream cheese frosting sandwiched between two carrot cake cookies. Yummmâ¦..

Connie, that is so cool that your brother recognized the blanket.

Tuesday, I glad youâre feeling better. And youâll do great with the coffin cake.

Oh well, time to start work. I really hate work! Why, oh why canât I win the PowerBall?

Carol

redhare Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:30pm
post #147 of 2128

Good to see everyone is doing well.

Carol I would love to win the lottery also so my dh could be home a little more often.

Susan I'm glad that you are getting Spring in Italy (my dh would be SO jealous ~he's in architecture and well loves Italy)... Here in Texas we are getting spring weather which also means bad storms. Today we are supposed to have some nasty ones w/ hail and tornado's lets just hope the miss me. Hail I can deal w/ I just HATE tornado's

Well, I'm done w/ cakes for a little while my dh's bday is the 13th but he just wants an pineapple upside down cake so no decorating needed from me.

I'm REALLY hoping a get most my chores done this am so that I am able to work out during 'quiet time'.
GOOD LUCK to everyone else and there goals!

Pootchi Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:40pm
post #148 of 2128

Good morning ladies!

My weekend went well. My appetite is getting back to normal, but not quite yet. But it's a chance since I can't exercise yet... and moving around is still hard. I can't sit very long. I saw that when we went to my parents on Saturday. I had to go lay down on my mom's bad, and that night it hurt more than the other days. Today I had an appointement with my nutritionist but since I didn't the car, and I can't walk a lot, I had to cancel. So next appointement is next Monday.
Let's say I watch a lot of tv... But I realized that the same shows are playing over and over again... geez...
Now I'm watching too many decorating shows, I have tons of ideas to redecorated our house (it's white all over since we bought only last year) but don't have money for all my ideas!! Food shows make me sick to my stomach right now, can't wait to feel better!

I'm taking cake orders only from the April 12th weekend, and I won't over book my first weekend. I'll probably ask my dd and dh to help for the first few orders, and see how I'm feeling. The doc said I should be ok by then, but better safe than sorry. I have already an order for the 13th, for a beach theme cake.. can't wait to play with my fondant and fondant molds!!! I love it when they let me create freely!
Well got to go back to my couch! and lay down a bit...
I'll check back later on, if I can log in. This weekend I had tons of troubles loading the CC page too... Glad I'm not the only one but still....
Have a great day

Lorris

springlakecake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:07pm
post #149 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter

I had a terrible eating weekend. I'll spare you the details, but it was not pretty.

Oh man. We must have been on the same page this weekend tapedshut.gif . I don't know what's wrong. I still can't seem to get back on track with the eating! I know, I know. I do this ALL the time. I am still doing really well with the exercise. I just need to consider my food choices more carefully.

I had a lot to catch up on today with cc being down and also my notification to the thread got buried under lots of other email and i didnt notice it. So sorry if I forget to comment on anything important!

Redhare, your cake was really cute!

Thank you all for your nice words about me maybe getting a kitchen someday. I really want to do it. It is hard now because I really don't want to take out a loan, but i don't feel like we have a lot of cash laying around either. Plus I still have my kids at home most of hte time. Maybe if I save up for awhile while. Plus I worry if people will buy them!!

Glad to hear that lorris and Tuesday are feeling better after the weekend.

scgriffiths Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 9:55am
post #150 of 2128

Well, I'm the same as most of you guys.......I couldn't log on over the weekend, AND I ate terribly! So, I'm with you today, Katie, keeping track of calories and upping my exercise. I've been slack with my exercise lately because my SIL hasn't been coming with me.

Connie, I had a look at your cake, and I think it's gorgeous!

Let's make a real effort to eat well between now and weigh in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%