Penny's Cookies, What Is Parchment Paper And Saranwrap?

Baking By wildmum Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 5:53am by lovely

wildmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildmum Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 9:32am
post #1 of 7

I have decided I might try these over the NFSC as they seem to get good reviews.

I will be decorating with royal icing and plan to use antonia's providing I can find meringue powder here in australia.

Can anyone tell me if I can substitute egg powder for it?

I asked some other questions in my other thread about parchment paper, saran wrap as we don't call them that here I just wanted to confirm what they are.

Katie

6 replies
TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 9:50am
post #2 of 7

parchment paper may be baking paper? the kind that you make the paper cones with that you decorate with.

meringue powder, I think you may be able to substitute egg powder but only if its made with the egg whites only.

Seran wrap is plastic cling film. The clear plastic, clingy stuff you wrap around your left overs.

HTH

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 10:38am
post #3 of 7

Hello,

Glad wrap is saran wrap. Pavlova egg mix is meringue powder. Parchment is baking powder. I also got a little confused with some of the mix of names. I've used copha instead of crisco but apparently there is a real crisco in the usa store in NSW or Vic.

Hth

Leigh

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 11:27am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Hello,

Glad wrap is saran wrap. Pavlova egg mix is meringue powder. Parchment is baking powder. I also got a little confused with some of the mix of names. I've used copha instead of crisco but apparently there is a real crisco in the usa store in NSW or Vic.

Hth

Leigh

In US parchment is paper we use to line pans, cookie sheets. Also used to make icing bags with.

Don't you just love language barriers?!! I've had 2 exchange students and it's funny how both of us get confused w/ each other's languages! icon_wink.gif

tippyad

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 7

criso is similar to TREX

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:07am
post #6 of 7

you may also know parchment paper as grease proof paper

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:53am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Hello,

Hth

Leigh

In US parchment is paper we use to line pans, cookie sheets. Also used to make icing bags with.

Don't you just love language barriers?!! I've had 2 exchange students and it's funny how both of us get confused w/ each other's languages! icon_wink.gif

tippyad

LOLOL The site has been down so long I forgot I even put this on and must have been tired as I meant baking paper. So funny when I read the quote with baking powder instead of paper. What a crack up I am hehehe. Sorry for that. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%