Back On Cc---Wanted To Say Hi!

Decorating By ellepal Updated 10 Jan 2007 , 1:41am by beachcakes

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 58

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in. I have been on hiatus from cakes and cake central for that matter, for the past 6 weeks. I apologize to anyone who has PMed me, and I was not able to get back to you.

Back in November, my baby daughter Grace Anna had to be delivered prematurely by C-section due to a condition I developed called pre-clampsia. She only weighed 3 lbs. For a whole month, she was in the hospital NICU. She has been home now for nearly two weeks, and we are finally on a schedule.

We are both doing well, and she is now @ 5lbs, 4 oz. yay! I love the chubby!! She is really healhty now, eating well, and growing by leaps and bounds.

I am really excited because I want to get back into my cakes when time affords, and I will be making strides to continue on with my business. I love all the ideas and exchange that happens on this site, and have been missing it. So when Grace Anna naps, I promise to check in once a day.

Take care!
Ellen

57 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 58

Ellen,
Welcome back and congratulations on your beautiful baby girl coming home! I'm sure the early delivery and hospitalization must have been scary for all, but it sounds like you're all doing great now. We've missed you and your cakes! icon_smile.gif

Blessings,
Kelley

ellepal Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 58

thanks Kelley! That is really sweet to say, and I can't wait to catch up on all the cool cakes i've missed!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 58

WOW! Well, first congratulations on your new addition! I was wondering where you were. I am so glad that you both made it through everything and are doing well. I'll be thinking of you!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 58

Congratulations on the new baby. Love the name. icon_wink.gif

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 58

Congratulations Ellen on your baby girl.Welcome back.It is always great to that there is some people on this site with talent as great as yours.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 58

Welcome back! That's the first time I've ever heard a five pound baby called chubby. LOL! I guess when you start out at 3lbs, five does look a little chubby. Best wishes. icon_biggrin.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 58

Ellen,

Welcome back!! And Congratulations on your baby girl. I am so glad that you both are doing well.

I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations. You have truly been missed!!

Take care,
Cindy

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 58

Congrats & best wishes on your new baby! I'll bet she's a beauty! Get some rest & come back baking when you can!

ellepal Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 58

Thanks! Well, if you could have seen her when she was first born, she looked like a baby bird that had fallen from a nest. The doctor told me she was skinny still, but I refuse to believe it. Now there are chubby apple cheeks, and that is all I can see! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:11pm
post #11 of 58

Welcome back and Congratulations!! My godson was born 2 months early for the same reason. What a scary time it can be. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. What an exciting (and tiring) time for you.

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 58

Hi Ellen,

Congratulations and it´s so good to hear that you and your daughter are ok now. Enjoy your time with her, although I really miss your creations!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:35pm
post #13 of 58

Ellepal, glad that everything turned out ok for you and the baby!

Welcome Home!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 58

Welcome back! My son was taken via emergency C-section because of pre-eclampsia too! It is hard on mommy and baby. Don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:37pm
post #15 of 58

Way, you do amazing work! I can't wait to see what's to come! icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:53pm
post #16 of 58

Ellen
Thanks so much for sharing this with us. First of all CONGRATULATIONS, glad to hear that you're both doing well.

Cheers
Nati

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:00pm
post #17 of 58

Welcome back Ellen and congratulations on your new edition.

I use to work in the Well Baby Clinic and found that the preemies, once they start gaining, turn out to be the "chubbiest" babies. I'm sure her percentile rate will soon be on the growth chart icon_biggrin.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:15pm
post #18 of 58

Congratulations! It was funny to see you said she looked like a little bird because that's exactly what I thought when my daughter was born at 4.7lbs! She has a twin brother though. They told me at the hospitol that for some reason, preemie girls are alot stronger that preemie boys. Some things never change, huh? icon_lol.gif Cherish every single minute, the times goes way too fast!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:17pm
post #19 of 58

Hi Ellen,
Welcome back and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. Welcome to the world Grace.

My niece had a baby girl who delivered permaturely at 5 months, she weighed 2 lb. 1 oz and was 15" long. Today that baby, Jennifer, is 33 years old and a completely healthy young woman. I am happy to hear that Grace is thriving, gaining weight and doing so well.

ellepal Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:21pm
post #20 of 58

Thank-you guys so much! I am trying to upload a pic to my avatar, but I can't seem to get the size right. I'll keep trying! It's amazing how many people have such interesting stories about preemies. Anyway, here is a cake we did for the NICU team (I'm trying to keep it cake related! icon_smile.gif )

ellepal Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:23pm
post #21 of 58

oopss....here it is
LL

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:30pm
post #22 of 58

Hi Ellen.

Welcome back. CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your daughter!! What a wonderful reason to not be on the computer. Sorry that her start in life was so rough, but I'm very happy to hear that she and you are doing well now.

It's so hard to have a new addition to one's family, but doubly so (or more) when complications arise. I'm still amazed when I hear about babies under seven pounds. I always tell my two oldest children that I can't even remember them being that tiny since they were born weighing in at 10 lbs 5oz and 8 lbs 10 oz (son and daughter, respectively). Then I have my tiny peanut who will be 16 months tomorrow. She was born weighing only 7 lbs 15 oz. lol

Anyway, enjoy every moment with your precious little one, because the time that they're infants/toddlers, etc. is so fleeting. And again, welcome back. I'm sure Grace Anna will have plenty of beautiful birthday cakes growing up.

-Grace

P.S. Did I mention how much I like her name?!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:30pm
post #23 of 58

Congratulations! Enjoy the baby, and nap time. Can't wait to see some new cakes. Best wishes to you and yours.

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:43pm
post #24 of 58

Congrats to you Ellen, and welcome to the world, baby Grace Anna!

Like others have said, cherish every moment, because before you know it, they're almost grown. Take care of yourself and don't worry about checking in if you don't have the time -- we'll all still be here when you get back! icon_smile.gif

Your cakes are such an inspiration. Can't wait to see more in the future.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:12am
post #25 of 58

Congratulations! I've been wondering where you were, so glad to hear that everyone is doing well now. We've missed your (and your DH's) wonderful talents! Now, put your feet up, relax, and spend WAY too many hours staring at the beautifully wondrous baby in your arms. icon_smile.gif Cakes will wait! (<gasp, did I just say that??> LOL )

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:26am
post #26 of 58

Congratulations on your new addition.

Its funny you say yours looked like a baby bird, I tell my 3 all the time, they were big pigs. icon_lol.gif

1st. was 8lbs 10 oz--epedural

2nd. was 10lbs even-natural icon_cry.gif

3rd. was 9lbs and 8 oz.--epedural

Mine were half grown when they were born. When I see all of these smaller babies, I just freak out.

Anyway good luck, and take care of the baby and yourself.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:27am
post #27 of 58

Welcome back to CC and glad to hear you are both fine!

Jane

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:27am
post #28 of 58

Welcome back Ellen! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering why I hadn't seen you here. Congratulations on the new baby! I'm glad to hear you both are doing well. Take a well deserved rest and papmper the heck out of Grace!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:32am
post #29 of 58

Welcome back Ellen!! So happy you & the baby are doing fine!! Can't wait to see a picture of her! What a blessing she is~ icon_smile.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:44am
post #30 of 58

Congratulations!
Glad to hear your both doing well. Enjoy all your time with baby Grace Anna. Sooner than you think youll have a little helper icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%