Customers Trying To Pull A Fast One....

Business By littlecake Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 1:16am by mypastrychef

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 12:55am
post #1 of 3

people are just sickening sometimes...trying to get a cake for free...

today i had a pretty busy day at the shop...15 orders and a wedding cake.

when i was getting the orders off the clip i noticed one was pretty old...placed like 6 weeks ago...

about 3 oclock someone called about that order to see if it was done....it was due at 11, so it had been done awhile, anyhoo...5 oclock rolled around...everyone had come and gone and that cake was still sitting there, i called her to tell her to get her cake i was getting ready to go home.

order? she said she never placed an order!....i went over the very detailed order she made earlier....oh, yeah, she made that....but she was just "thinkin" of making an order....she was gonna call me if she decided to, remember?.....uh no...i don't take tenative orders.

THERE WAS EVEN A PICK UP TIME.

didn't make sense, i figured she was gonna try and scam a cake by saying she already paid or something (since it had been placed so long ago, she might have thought i'd forgotten or something)...and lost her nerve i guess....that was a new one on me...if she'd lie about making the order i suppose she could lie and say she already paid...i've had them try to pull that one on me before.....BEFORE THEY REALISED I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO WORKS HERE.

i've had them place orders over the phone...come in and say it has been paid for.

what is sad, it was for her daughters first birthday.....could you imagine how that kid will be raised?

people can be pretty clever at getting stuff for free...it really makes me sad to think people can be so rotten.

have they tried anything on you guys? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 3

That's pretty low... I make such a big deal about my kids b-days!! Sorry for the wasted cake!

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:16am
post #3 of 3

I've had a couple place orders and not pick up. Usually I get a feeling and call them to confirm and leave a message, if I don't hear from them by 2 days before the due date they no longer have a cake ordered with me; some call and say Oh yeah I'll be there.

Last month I started asking for a deposit on birthday cakes over $100. Wedding cakes I always require payment 15 days before event.

I know it really sucks for you, especially you are the only one working. It would have been nice to have an extra hour for yourself instead of a deadbeat cake faker.

mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%