Stargazer Lily Stamen Question...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 2:46am by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 4

I was reading the Stargazer Lily how to on here and I have a question about one of the things used. For the Stamen's it says to use "ground rice/rice flour, colored". Is the ground rice a special product or could I simply just grind up some rice? If it is a type of product, can I find it at the grocery store and what area would it be in? Is it colored with powder color/dusts?

Can anyone help with this one?? Thanks!

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 4

Don't know about the rice stuff, but yellow cornmeal is cheap, easy to find, and works well. If you want it finer, you can run it thru your food processor.


FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

You can buy lily stamens too.. MUCH easier than making them..

You can color them any color you want. icon_smile.gif

I have seen bigger ones too..

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:46am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Rea, we usually use white cornmeal so I'll have to see if I can color that, if not I'll get some yellow. icon_smile.gif

Jkalman, I wouldn't be surprised that you can order them. I think you can buy just about anything out there. I'm just playing with flowers right now though, and am trying not to spend any more money. I'm actually trying to make myself feel okay about spending the money on these cutters by actually using them.

Plus who can order just one thing? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%