What Is A Cake Ringtone?

Decorating By Starkie Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 8:10pm by FromScratch

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 15

I see this advertised sometimes on the CC site. Are there "cake songs" that I have been missing all my life??? Hmmm? Maybe I should be humming the tune, "There is a fondant rose in Spanish Harlem...", or possibly "How much is that wedding cake in the window...". Did I miss the smash hit. "F-O-N-D-A-N-T, find out what it means to me, F-O-N-D-A-N-T, take care, Wilton-free, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me..."???

icon_lol.gif

14 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 15

Cake is the name of a band.

Maybe you've heard this song before.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 15

OMG - I suddenly feel soooooooooo old.... icon_lol.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 15

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I was wondering the same thing! I never would have thought it was a band.

I guess I'm old too! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 15

Well if no one else gets it, at least I did! Starkie, you had me cracking up and I'll probably never think of those songs the same way again! I'll just have to be old with you I guess.... sigh...

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 15

Ibmoser...........meeeeeeee tooooo! icon_lol.gif I had NEVER heard of the band called Cake until I checked up on the "cake ringtones" banner..........found out real quick cake ringtones didn't have a darn thing to do with the kind of cake I am interested in! icon_lol.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkie

I see this advertised sometimes on the CC site. Are there "cake songs" that I have been missing all my life??? Hmmm? Maybe I should be humming the tune, "There is a fondant rose in Spanish Harlem...", or possibly "How much is that wedding cake in the window...". Did I miss the smash hit. "F-O-N-D-A-N-T, find out what it means to me, F-O-N-D-A-N-T, take care, Wilton-free, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me..."???

icon_lol.gif

Haha! I love your songs! Maybe you're on to something there! icon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 15

Oh goodness.. I remember that band.. "He's going the distance.. he's going for speed. She's all alone.. all alone in a time of need"

That was a long a$$ time ago..

OMG Starkie.. you have me rolling too.. I needed a good chuckle today. So sick.. so thank you!! icon_wink.gif

Starkie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 15

Oooh!! I just thought of another one:

"Cake it.... to me gently....
Let me iiiicccceeee..... it on the sides...."

icon_biggrin.gif

Starkie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:16pm
post #10 of 15

...And we can't forget the classic by KC (AKA Kitchen Cake) and the Sunshine Band:

"Cake cake cake (da da da dit da daaaa)
Cake cake cake (da da da dit da daaaa)
Cake your booty (uh!)
Cake your booty
YEAH!"

tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkie

icon_lol.gif

OMGosh! How funny is that! I saw those ads and was wondering the same thing..." Cake Songs"? Your songs cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh! icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:27pm
post #12 of 15

My DH loves them. He still has there CDs. LoL this is a funny post!

biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:50pm
post #13 of 15

lol. oh my gosh. i'm a huge cake fan, i have all their albums. but i STILL never made that connection when i saw that ad. i was like "what the heck is a cake ringtone???" icon_confused.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 7:53pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Oh goodness.. I remember that band.. "He's going the distance.. he's going for speed. She's all alone.. all alone in a time of need"

That was a long a$$ time ago..

OMG Starkie.. you have me rolling too.. I needed a good chuckle today. So sick.. so thank you!! icon_wink.gif

Jkalman-you must be my about my age! I bet that song would not be considered all that old to some of our more experienced folks here at CC.

I'm laughing pretty hard at cake cake cake your booty. 'Cause you know that's where all our cake is going!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 8:10pm
post #15 of 15

HAHAHAHA!!!! Alana.. you said it! Or maybe we should all shake out cake booties more often.. that way we could eat more cake.. icon_lol.gif

I am 31.. not too incredibly old, but that song came out in 1996.. I was 19 (almost 20).. so anything over 10 years ago is a long a$$ time ago to me.. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%