How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:39pm
post #31 of 315

Mine isn't that creative either. F is for Faye and mcmulle is part of my last name. My business name is Faye's Cakes and More. The more part is I do pies and kids birthday parties where they get to decorate their own cakes to take home with them. Fun Fun Fun. icon_smile.gif
I love Cake Central.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:53pm
post #32 of 315

When I was a child I also had a silver/gray cat that had to be put down. I had rescued a silver/gray cat about 7yrs ago and I to have her put down! So about six months after losing my second silver/gray cat I was given another silver/gray cat and fell in love with him so much. I know sad story! So when I started using the computer my mom came up with silvercat for me! So I use silvercat for anything on the computer if it has numbers after it, it has the month and day or the year I was born in!

I have to let you all know that just before I turned thirty, for those that are approaching that part in their life, I had the biggest melt down! I think alot had to do that I was 9 months pregnant with my second child! It isn't that bad! I enjoyed reading this post!

emnjakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emnjakesmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 12:56pm
post #33 of 315

What a fun thread! Mine's pretty easy to figure out:
"em" is my daughter Emilie, "n" is and, "Jake" is my son, and of course, I'm "mom"!

BTW, I get the song "Elvira" stuck in my head after I see Melvira's name, too! icon_lol.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:03pm
post #34 of 315

Well mine is a result of my daughter asking me to download Yahoo messenger and "chat" with her online ... now we both could just call each other on the telephone but NOOOOOOOOOO, she want's to "chat" ... so I did the download and tried and tried to think of a name .. everything I tried was taken so while mumbling "all this just to entertain my child (who is 32).. then it clicked "entertain me" ... I had to get creative with the spelling but finally found a way it wasn't spelled and it's stuck with me every since ... so that's how mine came about n-ter-tayne-me icon_biggrin.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:05pm
post #35 of 315

Oh great - now I'M singing it!

Oomp Pappa Oomp Pappa Oomp Pappa Maow Maow! My Heaaarrrrttss on Fiiiiire....................

I used to just think Mistress of the Dark and B Movies.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:13pm
post #36 of 315

Mine is easy.....my husbands name is Mark....and I am a girl icon_lol.gif

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:15pm
post #37 of 315

Mine is pretty simple-Cassie is my name and 2500 is just a number I picked off the top of my head. I don't know why I didn't use Cassiemack.
Mack is my husband's name, so I usually use Cassiemack as a screen name when Cassie won't work by itself. Anyway, I'm scared of approaching 30, too. I'm 27 now and my husband just turned 38 in December. I always said I wanted an older man-well I got him!! icon_lol.gif We have 2 children-a girl 5-years old and a boy-4 years old. We have been married for 7 years. Mack always brags on me-about my cakes, my crosstich pieces, my knitting, whatever-he is the best husband in the world! icon_wink.gif He lets me do just about anything I want-he can't say no.
BTW, I got a digital camera for Christmas-from my husband, of course, icon_smile.gif
so, when I figure out how to get my pictures on here I will. Not very computer literate and neither is Mack, but we still love him!!! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:19pm
post #38 of 315

Mine's pretty unimaginative, my first name is Shellie (although most folks call me Shel) and my last name is Burton (Bur-10).

I sympathize with all you almost-30's... I turned 30 last year and was kind of freaking about it until I really stopped to think about how much more I enjoy life now than I did when I was 20. 30 wasn't bad, and 31 has been even better!

Panda-monium Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panda-monium Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:20pm
post #39 of 315

Mine is from a soft toy that I was given as a baby, which was a panda. It was called NumNum (I couldn't say another one). Suddenly everywhere we went I was bought a panda and now have a collection of them.

Panda-monium suits me as a person as I try so hard to be organised but most things I do are quite chaotic. icon_rolleyes.gif

Panda
x

ValH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValH Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:20pm
post #40 of 315

Not very imaginative - my name is Val and H is the first letter of my surname. I'm one of the older people on the site, 57 in March and married 36 years in July. 3 children and one grandchild (so far). There it is, my life in a nutshell! icon_smile.gif

Val

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:28pm
post #41 of 315

My husband came up with mine. I couldn't think of a name to use when I was on ebay so he combined our two names. Mine is dara and his is don so we have darandon. I think he was trying to earn good guy points by putting my name first icon_biggrin.gif

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:29pm
post #42 of 315

Mine is pretty simple as well. It's my son's initials....mom to btb (Brennan Trevor). I'm very unimaginative when it comes to screen names. LOL

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:51pm
post #43 of 315

Mine has always been an embarrassment to me, but followed me my whole life thanks to younger relatives who couldn't pronounce my name - KAREN. And that's how Kaka came about. Nice huh? I don't know why I didn't use huntermckennasmom. I just turned 37 Dec. 17, have been married to a wonderful police officer who is 52 for 10 years, have 2 children, Hunter who is 9 and McKenna who will be 7 on Jan. 8.

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 1:59pm
post #44 of 315

I would love to tell you guys a great story about my screen name but there isn't one. Destini is my real name. I chose to use that because I would probably forget anything else!! My memory loss begin on 03/03/05 (the day my youngest son was born) and gets worse by the day. icon_cry.gif That whole 30 thing is kinda scary for me too(I'll be 27 in less than a month).

cakeladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladydi Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:00pm
post #45 of 315

Mine is pretty simple too. My name is Diane and during the Prince Charles and Diana era a friend always called me LadyDi. And I like to make cakes. Thus cakeladydi. For all you girls approaching 30 it is a little scary. For me it was worse than 40. But you make it through. I did and now I am pushing 50 about as hard as you can (the end of Jan). I've heard 50 is the new 30 (at least that is what my hubby says). We were married 30 years this past November (high school sweethearts). Three kids with the first grandchild due in Feb. (and I get to babysit when DIL goes back to work). I love CC. I'm still trying to figure out how to do some of the computer stuff and do a lot of "just looking". icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for all the info and help ya'll give.

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:09pm
post #46 of 315

My screen name is like my goal! I hope to someday be the skinnycakelady... but infact, now I am the fat cake lady! I actually sent in a tape and application to the biggest loser! Hope I get on, then they can show us all how to stay thin and decorate cakes too!

Justenjoyingit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justenjoyingit Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:13pm
post #47 of 315

I choose mine because I don't decorate cakes for a living I just do it because I enjoy it hense the name.

I have sense past 30 and loving every minute of it.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:17pm
post #48 of 315

Mine is a little bit lame but true none the less. I was lurking around on here for the longest time and afraid to actually sign up until I finally got frustrated with only being able to see everyone's beautiful cakes in the postage size picture. So, I was/am new to decorating and just doing my best so I came up with I am trying (because I really am!).

I love to hear some of these great stories. Oh, and since everyone else is sharing I will too. I've been married 10 years have two beautiful little girls (4 and 2) and I am 33. I don't think I even batted an eye at turning 30, I was delighted to be out of my twenties mostly because professionaly I didn't get a lot of respect from my peers, apparently in business if you are in your 20's you don't know squat!

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:25pm
post #49 of 315

Mine is pretty simple. My boyfriend, Paul, calls me his angel. Of course he is my lil devil. He is a huge supportor of me doing cakes so I wanted to use something special to me.

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:32pm
post #50 of 315

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's stories!
My screen name is the one that I use in all my computer applications, and it's what I love being called by all my wonderful grandchildren!! I have five - three boys and two girls - and I'm totally enjoying being a grandmother. I don't feel old (most of the time), but reading everyone's stories I can see that I have gotten a late start in life decorating cakes (I'm 56). You are all so YOUNG!!! AND talented!!

I love Cake Central and all the wonderful people who share their talent!

Grammasue

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:33pm
post #51 of 315

I'm married to a Pastor and in the church the wife of a Pastor is the FirstLady. Plus my nick name "Missy" was already taken.

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:35pm
post #52 of 315

I lov emine (if i do say so icon_redface.gif ) My oldest daughter's name is Starr and my oldest son's name is Chase = starrchaser. I've had it since before my 2 youngest were born and havnt been able to figure one out with all names that makes sense. (August and Zoe) Any thoughts on a combo of all names? icon_biggrin.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:37pm
post #53 of 315

at least your first name isn't ''Kitty''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

I am the mother of 5 (and now the grandmother of 1).............and my last name is litter ! Yes, lame and uncreative but it works.

emnjakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emnjakesmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:41pm
post #54 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justenjoyingit

I have sense past 30 and loving every minute of it.

I'm glad someone has some sense after they hit 30! Isn't it funny how a little typo can change the meaning of things?!! icon_lol.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:42pm
post #55 of 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

at least your first name isn't ''Kitty''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

I am the mother of 5 (and now the grandmother of 1).............and my last name is litter ! Yes, lame and uncreative but it works.

LMAO icon_lol.gif

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:47pm
post #56 of 315

Well, thought I would jump in on this one. My screen name is pretty obivous as well. Bradymom6, yes from the TV show. I met my husband in 1995, on the internet, moved in with him in 1996. He had 3 boys and I had 2 girls and a boy, which worked great with sleeping arrangements in a 4 bedroom house, thus the name Bradymom6.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:51pm
post #57 of 315

This is a fun thread! Kitty litter icon_lol.gif ! And all you people nearing 30- don't be afraid, it ain't so bad. Like someone mentioned before, people tend to take you more seriously after you hit 30. By the way- I'll be 34 this year and I still feel like a child when I'm around other "grown-ups" icon_redface.gif !

My mom used to call me her "Sweet Amber" (boy, if she only knew icon_wink.gif ) and around the time I was first seriously considering opening a bakery Metallica came out with a song called "Sweet Amber" so it kinda stuck. Not so sure about it any more, but I don't know what else to call it!

Amber

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:53pm
post #58 of 315

my screen name... well, there isn't really a story behind it. i thought it up one day when i was working in a call center. i was trying to join thesims2.com and all the names i wanted were taken. so i thought it up.

and then the girl next to me asked what it meant and i told her i didn't know. so she gave me this look that would have suggested i had a 3rd eyeball growing out of my forhead and said ''i'd be surprised if you ever came up with a normal name''

so i decided that in my imaginary bar, i'd serve some fantastic drinks with a spritz of cinder on them or something.

yeah. i got nothin'

Akesunflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Akesunflower Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:56pm
post #59 of 315

My name isn't that creative. The "Ake" part stands for Alison, Kaylee, Emily- my daughters names and then sunflower cause it's one of my favorite flowers.

Turning 30 for me was an adventure! I was thankful to reach that age (had breast cancer and pregnant with youngest Emily at the same time). I will be 35 in April but I feel 25 and always thankful for each day!

Turning 25 was an eye opener for me. I felt like I was no longer a "kid" at that point and had to finally grow up. Doh! lol

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 2:58pm
post #60 of 315

Great thread.

My first name is Kevin, although I'm a 54-yo mother-of-three, female. I was named after a nun my mother had as a teacher in high school, a Sister Kevin. My mom had to go to a private Catholic girl's school for her senior year in order to pass chemistry (smaller classes, more individual attention and tutoring than the big public schools) so that she could get into nursing school.

That last year of high school was a nightmare for her, but Sister Kevin took her under her wing and made sure she got through it all okay -- and my mother vowed to her that she would name her first-born child after her. That was me.

My middle name is Sue, after her sister/my aunt. Thus, my screen name Ksue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%