Need Help With Fillings For Cakes

Decorating By gacandle Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 6:39pm by awolf24

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 2

okay i know i should know how do fillings for cakes but i have always just put bc there, but now that i am doing more cakes i am getting more request for fillings how is the best way to do this and what are the best recipes or should i say the easiest to start out with?????

1 reply
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 2

Remember to put what is called a "dam" of buttercream around the outside of the layer you are filling. I just use an open coupler with no tip. It forms a ring of BC to keep your filling from squeezing out and causing bulges in the side of your cake once the weight of the upper layer is on it. Remember not to overfill - that will cause bulging also.

I find that one of the easiest things to use is seedless jams - you can use it alone or mix it into your buttercream. You can find it in the grocery store by the peanut butter and jellies. I usually use Polaner All Fruit brand but you can use anything. Lemon and lime curd (also in that area) are great too!

You can look here in the recipe section for a LOT of recipes but I think the jam is a quick and easy way to branch out from using only BC, at least to start out with. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%