MACYZMOM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACYZMOM Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 4

that help a lot thank you very much

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, I have never used wilton's fondant. As I live in uk, I always use Ranshaw's fondant. I mix 1 teaspoon of cmc/ tylos powder to 500g of fondant to make gumpaste. As Boofycakes says, to paint on the paste, use paste colour with clear alcohol. When I make 3-D figures I always use gumpaste and to attach them, I use sugar glue. Here is aine2's web site which she shows how to make the glue.

http://www.extra-icing.blogspot.com/

Good Luck!

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:22am
post #3 of 4

I use a 50/50 mix and have attached with water. I am not that experienced with figures but that is what I have done. I also have used both Wilton's pre-made fondant and gumpaste. I like their gumpaste because it dries quick but I find it has some hard clumps in it. I also bought the powder mix (that you mix yourself) from Wilton that didn't turn out with lumps.

AmazingGraceCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmazingGraceCakes Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 2:45am
post #4 of 4

I add a bit of water to egg whites and beat well and use that for glue, and I use the Wilton fondant for figures. To hold the head in place for the baby figure I stuck spagetti through the body, dabbed a bit of glue and than put the head on and the same for the arms. I did that for a puppy as well. Make sure you use very little of the egg white, you don't need much. I really liked the spagetti idea, worked really well. Hope this is helpful,This is new to me as wellicon_smile.gif
Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%