Can You Find (Boba) Bubble Tea Straws In Stores?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 11:10pm by CakeDiane

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 10

Yes. There are multiple asian markets in my city and surrounding area. I will go check it out.

Thanks

9 replies
poochynooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poochynooch Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 10

If you are unable to find them locally -- I sell them through my site:
www.fortheloveofcake.net. Will look at bulk pricing if you are looking to buy a large sum.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 10

i ordered mine off of ebay a while back and great success with using them for a layered cake, they are very sturdy. I got tons of them for only a little bit of money... I just can't find them now icon_sad.gif I would say try them, you will like them. One thing I loved was being able to put them in my cake and then pull it out just enough to snip the overhang with scissors.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 10

I get them from Amazon, buy a lot at a time to make the shiping less expencive

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 10

I'm still looking for them too--I found them on Amazon, but when I wanted to order $4.00 worth of straws, they wanted to charge $11 for shipping! WHAT??

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:51pm
post #6 of 10

What part of Dallas are you in??? In plano, there is a new Asian market out on 121 (north of plano). THey have them there... can't remember the name of it though.... Some places call them different things from what I am told so sometimes you just have to wander through the store

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 10

I actually live in Arlington. I just wanted to buy a few to see if I like them without spending the shipping cost. I am about half way between Downtown Ft. Worth and Downtown Dallas.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 10

Try this link: http://www.bobateadirect.com/Bag-of-Fat-Bubble-Tea-Straws-pr-418.html

I just looked it up and it is $1.98 for 40-50 straw packs, and shipping was only $3 and change.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 10

There ya go!!! that is an awesome price and it will take you forever to use all of those!! I am going to check out that site myself.

I love them!! You won't want to use anything else once you use these. The only thing is that the last wedding cake I did I could only find orange straws in my white cake... couldn't see on the outside but it was a little odd when it was cut.....

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 11:10pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks sugarMomma! I just checked them out and placed an order! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%