Uggh...why Do My Cakes Never Match Up To My Vision?

Decorating By Lindakbh Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 5:43am by BobbiA

Lindakbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindakbh Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:21am
post #1 of 3

Thank goodness nobody else sees the grand masterpiece we have envisioned when we start a cake! And if only there were enough hours in the day to practice until perfect, especially when you are blessed with a toddler in the house.

I struggle with this all the time. I had the same thing happen with my sonâs cake last year (he turned 3). I canât even bear to look at a picture of that cake, but my son loved it and mentions it often when the subject of birthdays comes up, and that is the best reward! Iâm sure your daughter loved her cake too and it has created a wonderful memory for her.

Donât get discouraged! I liked the next cake I did a little better, and it (mostly) gets better with each one. And for what itâs worth, I think your cake is darling.

One more thought- I wonder if we set the bar too high and get too emotionally involved when we are doing a cake for someone we love, like for our kids. I think that I do.

2 replies
mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:37am
post #2 of 3

I will start with WHAT A CUTE CAKE!!! I would be thrilled to pull that off!!!
Now, for fondant to get a bit of firmness to it, add in a bit of gum paste. Not just ps. It will be your god-send! I promise!
HTH

BobbiA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BobbiA Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 5:43am
post #3 of 3

MrsMom - your cake is adorable. We are our own worst critics. The only people who see the boo-boos are us.

When my cake visions don't turn out they way I think they should I take on the attitude I will do better next time. It gives me that little kick to try something a little more challenging the next time around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%