Slowly Becoming....

Lounge By Luby

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 1

Don't give in to the cravings - they will pass & they will become less and less frequent. I smoked for 30 years and have been smoke-free for 5 years now. It's hard as hell and there will be times when you feel like crying and screaming (I did both) but after you quit screaming and crying you'll feel a little better and find the strength to continue on. When I first quit, smoking consumed my every waking thought and I mean I thought about it all day long - it was driving me crazy. I then noticed one day there were times during the day that my every thought wasn't consumed with smoking a cigarette. Every day little by little (and I do mean little by little) it got a tad bit better. Now - I very rarely ever think about smoking or want a cigarette. I do have to be honest - there are some things that automatically trigger a craving, but they are few and far between and very manageable.

Hang in there and just don't give up. If you have a weak moment just pick yourself up and try again. It takes 3 or 4 attempts for most people to kick it completely.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%