White Chocolate Wilton Buttercream?

Decorating By Mitzynva Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 8:29pm by Mitzynva

Mitzynva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mitzynva Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:17am
post #1 of 4

What is the best way to flavor Wilton's style buttercream white chocolate? I have made it regular chocolate with cocoa powder but didn't like it too much. Anyone have a tried and true method to do this with melted white chocolate?

3 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:59am
post #2 of 4

I haven't tried a white chocolate icing recipe .. I did find this one in recipe section .. it has coffee in it but I'm sure it could be omitted ... maybe someone else has a recipe that I'm not aware of .. hope this helps!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-838-16-White-Chocolate-Mocha-Frosting.html

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 3:02am
post #3 of 4

I make white chocolate buttercream and just replace the melted "chocolate chocolate" with an equal amount of "white chocolate" I've gotten lots of compliments...never tasted it myself..don't care for chocolate cake or chocolate icing!

Mitzynva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mitzynva Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both very much...I will try it both ways and see what I get. I didn't know if white chocolate was different. I am going to make a white chocolate cake so I may just leave the coffee in the first recipe. Sounds like a good combo to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%