Help With A Good Punch

Decorating By sls0812 Updated 10 Aug 2005 , 1:15pm by sls0812

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 12

I am needing instructions on how to make a really yummy punch for a bridal shower. I think I want the punch that you use the lime sherbet, but Im open to any suggestions! I have no clue what the ingredients are or how to make it. Thanks!

11 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 12

I don't have a yummy punch recipe...I usually have my SIL whip up some of her fruit tea. Yum! I do have a serving suggestion though. One of the most beautiful punch displays I've ever seen was one where whole fruits were frozen together in a bowl shape (looked like a bowl of fruit) and then put in the punch to keep it cold. It was beautiful. So many years ago and I still remember it.

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 12

I think the one that you are talking about is fruit punch, sprite and any flavor sherbert that you want. I love it. ummmm.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:47am
post #4 of 12

Well, this one doesn't have lime sherbet, but this is what I use for showers and everyone seems to like it. icon_smile.gif

http://beverage.allrecipes.com/az/MckChmpgn.asp

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:58am
post #5 of 12

sls0812,I don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but this is the one I use. Large container lime sherbert, large can pineapple juice, 2 liter 7-up. You can also use any flavor sherbert such as orange, strawberry.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 2:13am
post #6 of 12

Oh I have one that is absolutely wonderful... I mixed way more than I needed because I went to a retirement party once where they had some made... there was absolutely none left .. it doesn't sound good, but let me tell you, when you mix it up, and once they taste it, you won't have any left!!!

Slush Punch

3 small boxes of lemon jello
4 cups hot water to dissolve jello
9 cups of cold water
6 cups of sugar (a lot of sugar but the lemon helps to make it not so sweet)
1 or 2 teaspoons of almond extract
6 ounces of real lemon juice
2 large cans of pineapple juice

Mix and freeze the above mixture in bowls. Thaw about 2 hours before serving. For each bowl of punch mixture, pour a 2-liter bottle of gingerale over it. Mix well and serve.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 3:04am
post #7 of 12

sls0812,

I know what punch you're talking about because it's my favorite too. Here is the recipe.

1 pkg. lime gelatin
2 cups hot water
2 cups sugar
4 cups cold water
1 cup concentrated lemon juice
1 large can pineapple juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon almond exptract
1 lg. bottle ginger ale
green food coloring

Dissolve gelatin and sugar in hot water; mix well. Add cold water and lemon juice. Refrigerate until serving time. Add remaining ingredients using enough food coloring to obtain desired color.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 3:11am
post #8 of 12

I also do one sometimes that is a pink variety of the sherbet one. You use one of the gallon containers of hawiian punch and a can of pineapple juice and a bottle of gingerale or 7-up. And float large scoops of the pink raspberry sherbet in it after adding a little ice or chilling it Iprefer a little ice because that little bit of water seems to mellow the taste. Sometimes I make it a little more tropical with a little cream of coconut.

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:01pm
post #9 of 12

My favorite punch uses three different kinds of rum. People always have fun at my parties. icon_lol.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:07pm
post #10 of 12

I was in NY for a bridal shower over the weekend. Our punch was simply sherbert (we used rainbow sherbert) with 7-up poured over it. Everyone wanted the recipe! They couldn't believe it was that simple.

Debbie

sls0812 Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:13pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all of your replies. I have been asking around and I think I am just going to use:

1 container of sherbet (either lime or strawberry)
half bottle of gingerale
half bottle of 7-up

I like lime better, but the whole theme is pink, so I thought it would be neat for the punch to match. We'll see!

sls0812 Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:15pm
post #12 of 12

I'll tell yall a recipe my friend told me, she said to use cranberry juice, pinapple juice, and 7-up and then she said she floats thin slices of lemon in it. She said that the 7-up gets rid of that tart taste from the cranberry juice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%