How To Calculate How Much Batter Is Needed?

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 12:43pm by 2sdae

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I need to know how to calculate how much batter I need for a 12x16x3 rectangle pan and 2 12x3in round pans. I thought about just scooping out water into them to calculate how many cups of batter, but batter is thicker so wouldn't that off some what? Is there a place to find out how much batter is recommended? These are magic line pans if that makes any difference.

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 5
loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 5

There was a thread on here a few months ago that said to fill your pan with water measure the amount and subtract 1/3 to get the amount of batter you'll need. I thought this was very good info to have juast in case, but I haven't tried it yet.

2sdae Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2bake

There was a thread on here a few months ago that said to fill your pan with water measure the amount and subtract 1/3 to get the amount of batter you'll need. I thought this was very good info to have juast in case, but I haven't tried it yet.

I thought I remembered something about hat thread, but I was unable to find it. Thanks everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2bake

I thought I remembered something about that thread, but I was unable to find it. Thanks everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%