Royal Or Color Flow

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 7:16pm by doescakestoo

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 2

can somebody please help i need to make a baby that sits on a cake up right like a fbct but i need it to be hard and i dont know if to use royal icing or color flow can somebody please help

1 reply
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 2

I would use color flow. It is really easy to use. Do you have recipe for it. If not wilton.com has the one I use. I need to tell you that when you make it you need to make it med. consistency. Not hard. Your mixer if you are using a hand mixer will run hard if not enough water is used. If you have a picture that you are going to use place it on a cake board and cover it with waz paper. Tape down so that the image does not move. Out line the piece making sure to go over the places with a damp paint brush to close any cracks that may occur when outlining. Let that dry at least 45 min to an hour. Then when thinning the icing down to flow into the areas make sure not to thin too much that it becomes water. Just enought that when you drop some back into the container it melts into the rest by the time you count to ten. Make a puddle next to the outline so that when you test for doness you test the puddle not the piece. Hopfully someone else will add what I have forgotten. If not pm me I will answer more then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%