Girly Rockstar With Microphone?

Decorating By Bethroze Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 1:47pm by Bethroze

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:35am
post #1 of 4

I have had a request for a 10 year old girl's birthday cake, done in pinks and purple with a microphone on it. The party will be held at "Sweet & Sassy" a beauty shop and salon for children this weekend. I have looked and looked in the gallery, but I'm coming up empty. Any ideas? I got an airbrush for Christmas, might be the time to try it out...HELP!

3 replies
jwong9664 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwong9664 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:44am
post #2 of 4

you could make a fondant girl with sunglasses on, in the middle of her room in her pj's and maybe use a cookie stick for the microphone stand. there is a pic of a supergirl in my photos and instead of doing that theme you could change it up a bit. you could make a couple of friends all laying around the room watching her sing, like a sleepover. maybe you could make a karoake machine etc. just an idea, hth good luck and don't forget to post the finished product! thumbs_up.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 10:34am
post #3 of 4

i can't help you with the microphone but i did a pink, purple and gold themed cake for my daughter 8th birthday, all the girls flipped when they saw it, lots and lots of painting with luster dust but it sure would of been easier with an airbrush. so something like this may be a good excuse to use that new airbrush.....

kylie
LL

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 4

Great ideas, but I'm also worried about charging this woman. She usually gets her cakes free from a friend of mine who is working full time and has given me all her customers. I'm hoping she is not going to recoil when I tell her a price, instead of handing it over with a smile and a "don't worry about paying me."

So, with that in mind, I think I am going to call the salon and see if they have a napkin or plate I can copy for their "Popstar" theme, on buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%