Help Fo A Girly Girl Cake

Decorating By mrssambo Updated 28 Dec 2006 , 8:05am by mrssambo

mrssambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrssambo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:00am
post #1 of 8

Hi all,
I have just been asked to do a friends daughters 5th birthday cake. She is a true little princess and loves everything pink and girly. I would love to make her a 2 tier cake or a castle cake of some sort - have never made a castle cake and I am always up for challenges.

I love working with fondant and hate buttercream (sorry to all of you out there). I have not yet done any shaped cakes as such feel free to have a look at my pics to see what I have done.

I am really excited about this one, yet lacking creative juices. I dont need to do it until mid january so I have plenty of thinking and planning time.

I have asked them what they would like and the mother said the cake is going to be a surprise and that she would like it to be a surprise for her aswell - she is leaving it all in my hands.

Thanks everyone BTW there will be 20-30kids and approx 15-20 adults.

Cheers
Angela

7 replies
misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:12am
post #2 of 8

You should definitly do a castle cake!!! There are so many pics here on CC, they should get your creative juices flowing!

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:13am
post #3 of 8

you could do a search for castle cakes. i did a "girlie" princess cakes and a couple other cakes that i would consider "girlie". they're bc, but could be easily made from fondant. also, anything dripping with flowers, butterflies, pinks purples, screams girlie girl to me.

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:20am
post #4 of 8

My daughters 1st birthday is coming up in a month and I am doing a Queen for a day! I am planning on doing a two tierd cake white and pink with a crown on top. Then I am making her a velvet cape with fur edging to wear! I lalso like the pillow cakes.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:40am
post #5 of 8

here is a couple i had saved, they are gorgeous and girly...

but check out the site they come from, all of her cakes are gorgeous...

http://www.carriescakes.com/cakes.php?style=14&sort=ranking
LL
LL

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:57am
post #6 of 8

thanks for the link sweet_as_tisse!! what beautiful cakes and great inspiration..have saved that site!

There are also lots of girly cakes here on CC...you could do a search on the galleries for girly or princess etc...it is a pretty good search tool

HTH
Jane

jacqrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacqrose Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 5:58am
post #7 of 8

here are a couple that I have saved.
LL
LL
LL

mrssambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrssambo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 8:05am
post #8 of 8

thank you all so much - I think my biggest issue is that there is so much out there for a girly girl. I will continue hunting down the perfect cake and thanks for the site - am about to look at it now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%