I'm So Happy Right Now

Decorating By krzyzak Updated 23 Dec 2006 , 9:20am by mom2csc

krzyzak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzyzak Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 6:18am
post #1 of 10

my DH came home from work last night asking me to make him a cake to take to work. ( I have made a few for him to take to work when I Had the earge to make a cake. The guys at work has been asking when I was going to make a nether cake. so I made him a chocolate cake with merry christmas on it and took it to him on his lunch hour. when I walked in the door with they guys were so happy to see me bring in a cake they were making all kinds of noises. then when I went and pick my dh up. he got in the van and handed me some money and told me there will be more. but what makes me happest is that the are going to put a donation can out for me to make them a cake on a weekly basics and they don't care what i put on it as long as it is one of my cakes. I guess they would keep telling my dh how moist my cakes are and they would like to see more cakes. so the supervise said he will make a can for them to put donation in to help cover the cost of the cake. now I get to practise and try new things
icon_biggrin.gif stacey
LL

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 6:27am
post #2 of 10

That's great krzyzak! I wish my DH coworkers would send some money for all the cakes I send to work for them. I love the practice but it get a little expensive. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 6:39am
post #3 of 10

Wow, that's great Stacey icon_smile.gif

Just about anyone will eat free cake, but putting up cash to keep it coming is a real compliment!

krzyzak Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 7:05am
post #4 of 10

it was kinda werd too because my dh and my mother and I were just talking about doing that a few days ago. and out of the blue his supervise suggested it. so far it has paid off sending cakes with him. the dolphin cake in my photo was order by one of his coworkers and last night i had got orders for 2 cakes in feb. and 1 for jan if i can get the cheese cake to come out the way i hoping it will. from my friend that i had suprized her with birthday cake and her best friend.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 7:21am
post #5 of 10

Isn't that a satifying feeling when you get that kind of response? I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks too.

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 7:21am
post #6 of 10

How sweet of your DH's coworkers! It'll give you lots of practice and the cake definitely wont go to waste! icon_wink.gif

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 8:10am
post #7 of 10

That is great news!!! If I had a dollar for every cake I sent into my Husbands work i'd be a rich woman icon_lol.gif .

Your cakes look great! thumbs_up.gif

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 8:12am
post #8 of 10

Krzyzak, thanks for sharing this with us, its so nice to hear that DH co workers are really apreciative of your cakes and decided to give you money for them, It's given me a nice start to my day hear this story cos it lets you know there are nice people out there still and not take advantage of your generosity, once again thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

krzyzak Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 8:27am
post #9 of 10

your very welcome denise4. I have read some many good story on here and just could not help my self and share with all of you. thank you for the comments on my cakes too. Always looking for good and bad comments on them so i can improve on them so maybe one day I will have the talent to open my own bakery.

stacey

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 9:20am
post #10 of 10

OMG! that is so exciting. paid weekly practice cakes, of your choice thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%