What Went Wrong?

Decorating By JRAE33 Updated 4 Nov 2007 , 9:38pm by dragonflydreams

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 3

Thank you! You've all made me feel better. I was actually at the reception with my family and I know the bride was VERY happy. I got a ton of compliments that evening and I left feeling really proud. That's why I was shocked when I saw that photo!! I know my cakes are far from perfect, but that was a shocker! We also had an incident on the way there...imagine having 26 cakes, three kids (age 5, 4, 1 1/2), hubby and I in our mini van only to have some idiot pull out in front of us. Hubby had to slam on brakes. A couple of the cakes were smudged a little, but nothing too serious. I knew all that! I just didn't think any cakes were missing icing! Well, I'll take your words of wisdom and chalk it up to the photographer (who, by the way, is new to his trade as I am to mine). Thanks for the kind words! Jodie

2 replies
apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 3

Jodie--
didn't see the missing frosting, the cake looks fine-must be the flash the photographer used. How did you get such a deep blue and where did you get the cake plates/stands?

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 3

you can rest assured that there was nothing wrong with the cake that the photographer used . . . he/she would have sought out a perfect example (not a flawed one) . . . everyone is right, it is simply the lighting or a reflection . . . all is well!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%