What Can I Do As A Lic'ed Home Baker?

Business By TiffTurtle Updated 22 Dec 2006 , 4:16pm by cakesbyamym

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:21am
post #1 of 3

ok i was talking to my mom today ..we will be going through the lic'ing process after the first of the year. We will not have a comercial kitchen to start out with , it will be out of her home, but we are planning on turning her den into a shop of sorts and using her kitchen for baking. Will we be able to sell to local resturants and localy owned groc stores? or will we only be able to fill orders from people who order for personal use?

im asking because i have had intrest in my products from local places and im not sure if i have to have a comercial kitchen to do this or not...they are localy owned resturants, B&B's and the such.

thanks!

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 6:32am
post #2 of 3

It can vary from location to location, but if you have a license to produce a product, you can sell it to anyone, including restaurants. Your license may limit the kinds of products, like perishables. Your inspector can tell you about any limitations.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 3

Tiff, you're really open to sell to anyone. The only thing that we're restricted on in NC is cheesecakes. We can't do that out of our homes, according to Mr. Packer, who inspected and licensed me. You can sell to restaurants, schools (for parties), etc. Good luck!!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%