Ok Cc-Ers...save Me Here...

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 6:10am by aztomcat

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 5:33am
post #1 of 3

I am working on a computer cake for a retired couple. The "cake" will be the wooden desk. On top will be the cpu, keyboard, mouse, monitor, starbucks cup and any other desk accessory I can manage. Both people held administrative type positions. I thought it would be cute to have the monitor read a note of sorts to their employers politely and comically (sp?) telling them to shove their jobs because they have better things to do. I asked my friend to share some of the plans they have for their first year or two of retirement, and this is what she replied:

Ok, I think you just wanted to know what types of things they'd be doing once retired...

Jay plays softball (a lot) and volunteers with a literacy program
Mom is taking a theatre class and volunteers at the hospice where my grandfather passed

They love to travel (a much anticipated Japan trip next year), go to sporting events (season ticket holders to Redskins, plus love the Orioles and Nationals), to read, and visit their grandkids (two in FL, one in CA)

Can you help me come up with something please. The actual cake is as creative as I get. icon_redface.gif The wording...not so much.

TIA,
Toni

2 replies
NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 5:55am
post #2 of 3

How about a movie marqee theme? Something along the lines of:

Now Showing
The Greatest Retirement Ever Lived
Starring Jay as the Softball Giant & _____ as the Healing Hospice Nurse
Produced and Directed by (the g-kids names)

Japan Premier (retirement date) with openings following in Florida & California

Kinda corny, but maybe it'll get your creative juices flowing (and go easy on me, it's REALLY late!).

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 6:10am
post #3 of 3

Maybe something like...........

Just a note to say take these jobs and shove them, we ain't working here no more.....instead we're off to hit a few balls, read a lot of books and act in many plays.

We hope you all enjoy doing our work as we enjoy traveling, watching football & baseball and visiting the grandkids.

Sayanara (sp)...........we're heading to Japan.

okay it is late.

Night, Dee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%