What Is Your Favorite Mud Cake Recipe?

Decorating By beemarie Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 3:31am by JanH

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 8

I have read so much about chocolate mud cake on CC and I have not yet made one, and I want to for my niece's bridal shower this weekend (she is a huge chocolate fan). I would love some suggestions for this cake!
Thanks!

7 replies
beemarie Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #2 of 8

How about a recipe for chocolate mud cake that is moist, yet stands up to being decorated and works in a stacked cake? Anybody? I'd love to make this this week!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:47am
post #3 of 8
beemarie Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

Thank you, Jan. I was hoping to find one with American measurements, too. Do you think the World's Easiest Chocolate Mud Cake will hold up to being decorated and stacked? Thanks again!

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #5 of 8

Sorry to sound so dumb, but what sepertes a mud cake from others? I am only familiar with Mississippi mud cakes and love them.

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:07am
post #6 of 8

Has anyone ever heard of a non chocolate version?

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:24am
post #7 of 8

Mud cakes are pretty much the cake used in Australia they are usually not torted and are great for decorating /carving cause they are so dence
They usually have a chocolate base most common is dark choc white choc or these marbled also caramel and coffee mud are pretty popular too

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:31am
post #8 of 8

I've not made the easy mud cake, but I don't know why it wouldn't be suitable for decorating (as the dowels & cakeboards, etc. actually support the tiers above - not the cake). icon_smile.gif

If you check the above recipe link, there's a caramel version as well as a white chocolate. icon_smile.gif

And a new white chocolate banana:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6828-White-Chocolate-Banana-Mud-Cake.html

If you look at the recipes, the Mississippi muds don't usually contain alcohol, and the chocolates used are different. (Some MM's also use marshmallows....)

Discussing mud cakes:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-529303.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%