Any Advise? Golf Ball Cake??

Decorating By CakePhun Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 4:16am by elvisb

CakePhun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePhun Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a golf ball using the wilton pan.... I just wanted any tips from any of you who have used the pan?? Also,What did you use to make the indentions on the ball? Any tips on anything would be really appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

SW

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 12:14am
post #2 of 3

Which Wilton pan? The ball pan? In the picture below, I used the Wilton soccer ball pan atop a 9-inch round. It's iced in buttercream. I used a ball tool to make the indentations before the icing crusted.

If you're using the ball pan, be sure to fill it 3/4 full. It will take a good long time to bake, so don't rush it. Bake at 325 so the outer edges don't overcook too much. Trim off the excess before turning the cake out onto a piece of parchment on a cooling rack.

If you're using the soccer ball pan, place a flower nail in the center to help it bake more evenly. Again, 3/4 full and bake for an hour or more.

Good luck!
LL

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 4:16am
post #3 of 3

I've used the Wilton ball pan--the one you bake as 2 halves and put together. I don't think it usually takes such a long time to bake. For the indentations, I use the non-writing end of a sharpie marker--cleaned really well of course! Make sure your bc has a bit of a crust when you do the dents or the icing will stick to your marker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%