Does Mmf Harden On Cookies?

Baking By cookingfor5 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 11:42pm by ckdcr8r

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 7

I just made my first batch of cookies with MMF. They look so cute, but I am not in love with the taste. Will the MMF harden on the cookie and become even a little more crispy? I used it once before on a school treat and they hardened and tasted much better, less chewy.

I'd love to use it because it made decorating the cookies so much easier, but I don't like the chewy texture.

6 replies
melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 7

I have not used mmf on cookies and have seen some people say that they put it on the cookies when they are still warm, do you need some kind of "glue" to keep it on the cookie or does it meld with the warm cookie?

Just wasn't sure about that, wondered if someone could answer my question, too.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 7

I have never had it harden on mine and that is all I use.

Lu

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

I first used straight MMF on my cookies and after it dried, it got stiffer, but not hard. It was still chewy and sticky. If it is put on a warm cookie, it will stick, but will peel off when you eat it. I like to brush or spray clear vanilla on the fondant before sticking to the cookie. Seems to work well. Don't brush the cookie, it will just soak in. I read on here that someone mixed rolled buttercream with the MMF, so I tried it and loved it! Best of both worlds. The RBC cuts down the chewiness of the MMF and the MMF cuts down the grease from the RBC. I like that rolled icing has a much cleaner look than piped.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 7

It doesn't really harden or get crisp but it dries out a bit......lots of people tell me they taste better a day or two after they are made. I don't know if the flavors blend or settle or if the cookie and MMF soften each other but it works.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 7

I am going to wait another day to see what I think about them. I'd love to know how you mix RBC with MMF. I like RBC, but find it is a little sweet and greasy. It would be so great to work with. Even DH thought they looked great, almost too perfect. I may bring them to something and have others taste for me. I think I may be tired of cookies and can't tell the difference today. My taste buds need a rest.

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:42pm
post #7 of 7

I just knead them together by hand, or with the dough hook to my Kitchen Aid. The last batch I did, I started out making the RBC, added just a bit of the sugar, then added the melted marshmallows, and continued with the sugar until it was the right consistency.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%