Wal Mart Cake

Decorating By MacsMom Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 12:25am by barbaranoel

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:07am
post #1 of 15

ONLY IN ARKANSAS !!!!

This came from a friend of mine - too funny!!!

We had a "going away" party yesterday for a lady at our Little Rock claim office. One of the supervisors called a Wal-Mart and ordered the cake.

He told them to write:

"Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that write "We will miss you".

As the picture shows, it didn't quite turn out right. It was too funny not to keep it.
LL

14 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:25am
post #2 of 15

I agree, only at Walmart

Roelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roelle Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:26am
post #3 of 15

That's pretty funny. I hope they at least got a discount for the mistake ... even though it surely got a few chuckles!! icon_smile.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:40am
post #4 of 15

very funny thanks for sharing

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:02am
post #5 of 15

The roses are pretty good. Too many leaves and too dark. Rosebuds have no connection. Border very uniform and even and not really large like a lot of supermarket borders.
I would say that except for a slight mistake in the inscription...not a bad cake. lol

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:56am
post #6 of 15

LOL... One can only think the laughter that would bring to the store & bakery manager who momentarily lost sight of the orders going out for accuracy...

Oh well... Only at Walmart... and you know some poor staff person probably realized later that night what they had written on the cake was wrong... Toooooo funny!

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:08am
post #7 of 15

haha funny. I do cakes at Dairy Queen and but don't take the orders so sometimes it gets a little confusing because you're going so fast. This is funny though.

heyjude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjude Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:33am
post #8 of 15

I work at a grocery store bakery and that's the reason why I want to smack people who get smart with me when I ask them to spell names and such out and ask extra questions to clarify. 'Cause you never know.

smw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smw06 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:07pm
post #9 of 15

That was just too funny!!!!!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:31pm
post #10 of 15

This was on here a couple of times last week, even something about it maybe being one of those "urban legends".

jibbies

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:31pm
post #11 of 15

Yeah, I've seen this before....and the cake was from Krogers (years n' years ago)! That's so funny!

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:42pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks for posting. Got a good laugh this morning! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:44pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

This was on here a couple of times last week, even something about it maybe being one of those "urban legends".

Oh really? At first I thought it might be, but my friend has family in Alabama so I thought it was really one of her cakes! Still funny, though.

It's actually a great idea for a "prank" cake on Halloween or an April Fool's birthday...

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:58pm
post #14 of 15

This picture is now being enjoyed by lots of people. I saw this post yesterday and received an email today, from an out of town relative, who was one of at least 50 people to receive it.

I then checked snopes.com and found it on there: http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/caketalk.asp

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 12:25am
post #15 of 15

A few months ago, a lady came in and asked me to write on a cake for her "Happy Birthday Robbin" - So I ask "how do you spell that" because by now, I 've learned to ask everytime no matter how simple the spelling because people spell names so weird.

So she says "R-I-B-B-I-N" icon_eek.gif

R-i-b-b-i-n ? Are you sure? icon_confused.gif

Yea, I know, kinda strange with the two B's in it"

Okay, so I grab the icing bag - look at her one more time "R-i-b-b-i-n"?

Yep, that's right! thumbs_up.gif

So, as I was writing it - I spelled it again as I wrote it "R-i-b-b-i-n"

She happily takes it away gives me a huge smile and a big thank you!

Not 2mins later, she comes back with a sheepish look on her face and says "I spelled it wrong, its supposed to be R-o-b-b-i-n!" icon_redface.gif

NO KIDDING - I even asked her 5 times if it was right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%