Fondx Fondant In Canada??? Where To Find It?

Decorating By divinecake Updated 6 Nov 2014 , 4:43am by Bake rinse

divinecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:54am
post #1 of 26

I was wondering if anybody from Canada would know if Fondx is available here (Ontario)? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Thanks in advance!!!

25 replies
idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:08am
post #2 of 26

Hi

Contact the below and ask them if they have any distributers in your area. That's how I found it in BC.

http://caljavaonline.com/index.html

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:13am
post #3 of 26

I did see it at the bulk barn in a small container and was really expensive. I think it was 60$ for 3 lb pail.

Marie-noel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marie-noel Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #4 of 26

Hi,

I live in Montreal, Quebec and I get my fondant (Satin Ice) through a local bakery, price is reasonable (about $70) for a 20lb pail. you can contact them directly as they do ship to everywhere in Canada.

Phone number La Gaterie (514) 695-1444, they also have a website under lagaterie.com

if you need more info, let me know

There is also a cake store in Ontario called creative cutters and they make their own fondant (I personally did not like the texture) they also have a website I think creativecutters.com

Good luck,
Marie

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:41am
post #5 of 26

I buy Virgin Ice from the Bulk Barn and the price was quite reasonable (can't remember). I have never seen the FondX brand though at the one that I go to....

HTH

Jen

divinecake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 26

Thanks you guys for all the info.

I've tried Satin Ice and I liked it a lot, it's just a little expensive for me with shipping.
I'll check Bulk Barn again. I've just sent an email to CalJava, let's see what they say.
Thanks again!!!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!

divinecake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 26

Thanks you guys for all the info.

I've tried Satin Ice and I liked it a lot, it's just a little expensive for me with shipping.
I'll check Bulk Barn again. I've just sent an email to CalJava, let's see what they say.
Thanks again!!!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!

digicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
digicake Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 26

Try www.j-wilton.com. They ship anywhere in Canada.

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:06am
post #9 of 26

Goldas Kitchen has lots of different types of fondant. I find their prices to be good and shipping is great. They do have a store if you are close you can pick it up and save on the shipping.

Also, McCalls in Mississauga has their own brand that I use and find it very easy to work with. Great price but you need to have a business permit to shop there.

Where are you located?

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:22am
post #10 of 26

Golda's kitchen does have it.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:42am
post #11 of 26

You can find it at Flour Confections in Pickering they have it and are fairly reasonable in prices.

If you google them you can find there website.

hth

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:24am
post #12 of 26

Try Chrissie Boon's store, "Too Nice to Slice" in Kitchener, Ontario.
She is also offering free shipping now on certain items on her website:
http://icinginspirations.ca/

Good luck. icon_smile.gif

FrostingKrista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostingKrista Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:32am
post #13 of 26

Jenteach what is the Virgin Ice like? I have eyed it at Bulk Barn, but afraid of ready made fondant after the Wilton stuff and some other stuff I bought at a cake shop here - some reason I think it was called McCalls or something like that....

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:26pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodiegoddess

Goldas Kitchen has lots of different types of fondant. I find their prices to be good and shipping is great. They do have a store if you are close you can pick it up and save on the shipping.

Also, McCalls in Mississauga has their own brand that I use and find it very easy to work with. Great price but you need to have a business permit to shop there.

Where are you located?

Actually, if you belong to the Canadian Cake Decorating Guild, you can use your membership to get a 10% discount at McCall's and many other places. I don't think you need a business permit if you've got the membership card. If you do a lot of decorating, this is an invaluable membership, plus you get all kinds of tips etc. from the website.

http://canadiancakedecoratorsguild.ning.com/

It's open to everyone, not just Canadians. There are many famous decorators there already. Check it out!

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:43pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:

Where are you located?

You don't need a permit, just pay the $25 a year for a membership.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:54pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemama2

Quote:

Where are you located?

But if you've got the Guild membership card, you don't need to get the McCall's membership card. AND you get discounts in lots of other places for just one membership fee, not several. (I was mistaken - you get a free McCall's membership, not a 10% discount. Discounts for many other places, though.)

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 11:12pm
post #17 of 26

wow, I never knew there were that many places for buying cake stuff in Ontario! icon_smile.gif
Thanks for sharing!
Jodi icon_smile.gif

cookiemama2 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 2:51am
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemama2

Quote:

Where are you located?

But if you've got the Guild membership card, you don't need to get the McCall's membership card. AND you get discounts in lots of other places for just one membership fee, not several. (I was mistaken - you get a free McCall's membership, not a 10% discount. Discounts for many other places, though.)

I didn't know that! I'll have to remember when my membership expires.

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 3:40am
post #19 of 26

I use Virgin ice a lot, my earlier cakes were with McCalls easy ice and I HATE it. It's much too soft for me but I do know some folks like it for that reason because if you do get a little mark it is easy to fix as it takes awhile to set.

Virgin Ice sets quickly so you can't really get away with taking a long time to cover or play around with it. I find it does elephant skin a bit around edges sometimes. Overall though, I love working with it because I can get a smooth finish without the tearing.

I have heard and seen great reviews on Satin Ice and I want to get some of that next time I am in the city.

I can't remember if it was Fondx that was the brand someone brought to a class and hated....she's a guild member and teacher. There was one that was awesome and it smelled like Cotton Candy. (maybe it was Fondarrific that was the bad one?)

stephyyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephyyz Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 1:32pm
post #20 of 26

Although this post is older, I just wanted to note that Petra's also carries Satin Ice and their prices are great. I buy the largest (10Kg I believe) and it is less than $60.00. It is about 1 block away from the McCalls wholesale store in Mississauga. I also buy my gumpaste their for a better price.

cookiemama2 Posted 9 Oct 2012 , 5:15pm
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyyz

Although this post is older, I just wanted to note that Petra's also carries and their prices are great. I buy the largest (10Kg I believe) and it is less than $60.00. It is about 1 block away from the McCalls wholesale store in Mississauga. I also buy my gumpaste their for a better price.

good to know. I always liked Mccalls but i have found i can't always find what I need there anymore.

vodkagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vodkagirl Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 7:28pm
post #22 of 26

Hi there,

I guess not everyone read that you were looking for FONDX, (the best fondant out there!).  Flour confections I believe has started to carry it. But one of the other replies were correct. J Wilton.  I get my from the Edmonton Dist., (I think there is one out east too), and they sell it for $38.00 10lb. pail, which is the wholesale price, you get when you bring in a copy of your business license, and they do ship everywhere.  Obviously, if you have a J. Wilton out east it would be cheaper, but even with the shipping, it's less then ordering it from Flour Confections, or a US site, as the sell it at a retail price.  Hope this helps, and so glad someone else appreciates it, as I have tried Satin Ice, and that crap from the BULK BARN, and they all taste waxy and gross, but not FONDX :-)

Cheers, Cindy.

chocoholic123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocoholic123 Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:54pm
post #23 of 26

Hi there,

Golda's kitchen has Satin Ice in their stores. I am in Ontario-Oakville and there is a Goldas imn Mississauga! With tax the 10kg tub would be $90.00. Hope this helps. 

LissP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LissP Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 6:07pm
post #24 of 26

Also look at Flour Confections

I LOVE them!!! 

http://www.flourconfections.com/

ceelyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceelyon Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 1:00am
post #25 of 26

Hello.  Sept 2013

I just received my fondx from Icing inspirations  in Kitchener This product is superb I have been using fondant for years, for my wedding cakes, etc., Fondx is easy to roll, applies great, not dry, or soft..

for the taste, if you don't like it add some vanilla.   The cost is reasonable, the shipping is the killer.

I will definitely purchase more.

Marg

Canada

Bake rinse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bake rinse Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 4:43am
post #26 of 26

ASupplybox.ca

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%