Need Help For Champagne Cake Idea

Decorating By KrissyK Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm by LittleLinda

KrissyK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissyK Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 3

I am stressing over the idea of how to do this cake. I need it done by this saturday. The customer is having a party for her mom's surprise 60th birthday and wants a champagne bottle with two champagne flutes on each side of the bottle, standing up in a silver tray that is supposed to be all cake. Is this possible?? Please help. My work schedule is not allowing me to spend a lot of time researching ideas and i already said yes before i knew what the concept of the cake was going to be. icon_cry.gif

2 replies
ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 3

I did a champagne cake which is in my photos, but you can barely see the royal champagne bottle, bubbles and glasses. The bottle was supposed to be on lollipop sticks sticking out of the top of the cake, but I attached them incorrectly with royal instead of candy melts. I made the pieces several weeks in advance of the party I got the idea from Wilton 2007 Yearbook and the design is called "Uncork the Memories" anniversary cake. I ordered the pattern book and used it in the design, but could have done it freehand.

Also, the top tier of the cake had champagne extract in the cake and the buttercream frosting.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK

i already said yes before i knew what the concept of the cake was going to be. icon_cry.gif

I don't know how to help; but I'm curious ... if you already said "Yes" then you already agreed on a price?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%