Need Help With Cookie Pricing Please!!

Baking By Nicky76 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 5:41am by Nicky76

Nicky76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicky76 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make 28 dozen cookies for a manager to distribute in his stores for the holidays. The cookies will be assorted- chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal raisin..they will be put in clear treat bags and then placed in white gift bags w/ red and green tissue paper. I am not sure what to charge per dozen for this. I would love to know what you all would do or have done in the past. Also if you have any suggestions as to what kinds to bake and how to package that would be great also. Thanks in advance for your help!!

6 replies
katgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katgal Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 7

Have never sold cookies, so I can't help you there.
Just wanted to say Congratulations! It sounds like a good opportunity to get your product out there.
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 7

Try this thread. There is a cookie pricing matrix in it. This will probably be helpful.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-193961-.html

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

My cookies of that style are $6.00/dozen (website not yet updated by son-in-law yet). I had a commercial customer who ordered 100 dozen a week, so their price was $4/dozen. But bear in mind, this was a standing weekly order, not a one-time shot, so this enabled me to buy ingredients consistently at higher volume for lower price, thus justifying the lower price to them.

For that kind of volume, I'd suggest using recipes that can be slightly altered for different flavors.

For example, I use a chocolate cake mix recipe as a base for:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Chocolate cookie with maraschino cherries drizzled with white chocolate
Chocolate Mint Cookies
Chocolate M&M Cookies
Chocolate with Toffee CHips Cookies

A basic peanut butter cookie recipe can be altered with peanut butter chips, or chocolate chips, or a combination of peanut butter AND chocolate chips.

You can mass produce the dough and add whatever flavoring you want.

Nicky76 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:17am
post #5 of 7

Thanks chovest for that link...Indydebi, you have got to tell me more about how to make cookies from cake mix and do they taste like cookies or soft like cake?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:31am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky76

Thanks chovest for that link...Indydebi, you have got to tell me more about how to make cookies from cake mix and do they taste like cookies or soft like cake?

They are soft, like soft cookies. Not "cakey".

The chocolate one above is:
one walmart brand chocolate cake mix (we tried name brands and they don't turn out as good!)
2 eggs
1Tbsp water
1/2 cup shortening

Mix all. Add whatever you want (chips, M&M's, etc).

Scoop out onto parchment paper and bake at 375.
They are done when they still look slightly moist on top, but if you touch the edges of the cookie, they are just starting to get "hard".

When I take them out of oven, I bang the pan on the counter to flatten them. Let them cool on the parchment paper until nice and stiff --- enough to handle.

Nicky76 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:41am
post #7 of 7

What a quick response!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you so much for the info. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%