Someone With Colette's Wedding Cakes Book Plz Help!

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 21 Dec 2006 , 4:22pm by Cakepro

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,

Can some sweet, kind soul that has Colette's "Wedding Cakes" book please look up the Chocolate Fantasia cake on page 101 and tell me how many that cake serves? If possible, could you also tell me how many of each size cake that one calls for? I have that book but it's packed in a box at our old house, waiting to be moved over to our new house, and the lady wants a price quote NOW.

If the name is correct, the cake will look like this: http://www.justfab.com/listings/bw.asp?filename=./FantasyPuzzle.jpg

Thanks bunches!!
Sherri

5 replies
Cakepro Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 6

*Keeping fingers crossed that my scanning and emailing patterns from various yearbooks over the past couple of years will be the good karma I need to have someone help me out ASAP!*

SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 6

Off the top of my head I know this serves 350. I have the book but I have to run out at the moment. I know it is several cakes of different heights, cut to fit each other like a puzzle. I would charge about $5-$7 per slice, unless you downsize. There is much more to this cake than meets the eye, trust me. Do not undercharge on this one!! Best of luck.

P.S. I don't know how urgent this is, but when I get back I could give you the exact measures of all cakes if you'd like.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 6

Here to help!

Cake as in book serves 350 (yikes!)

It's made up of:

5in round (4ins deep)
6in " (3ins deep, made from 12in layer)
8in " (3in deep)
10in " (3in deep)
10in " (4ins deep)
12in " (3in deep)
14in " (4in deep)
18in " (4in deep)

Hope that helps!

Edited to say: I too would charge what it's worth on this one - not a penny less than $1500 for the full size cake. Good luck!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 6

A girl at my church wanted me to do a "scaled down" version of this cake. I said "Oh, I wouldn't be able to do it justice...let's pick another!" WHEW!! Dodged THAT bullet! The wedding and groom's cakes were my GIFT to the couple! NICE GIFT, HUH? LOLL

Beth in KY

Cakepro Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 6

Oh thank you thank you thank you both!

Cripes, I was way off in my guesstimate of the sizes of the tiers. Thanks so much, this helps tremendously!

Hugs and merry Christmas!

~ Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%