I Won A Charm City Cakes - Cake!!!!! So Excited! -Sorry Long

Decorating By BCo Updated 28 May 2008 , 6:01pm by elainec

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:53pm
post #31 of 84

heck yes tell them you are a decorator and learn SO MUCH from watching their show

maybe they will let you watch while you order the cake...cool

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:08pm
post #32 of 84

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

I think you should get a tshirt made with your avatar (pic with Duff). That would be so cool to walk in wearing a shirt with the pic and giving them a cake, lol...that would be great for the show. Make sure he will be available when you go pick it up.

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:24pm
post #33 of 84

yea- I could totally be a crazy stalker cake lady and wear a shirt and have a cake with an edible image of me and Duff on it!! LOL - THAT would get on the show!! too funny!! I'm just all jittery just thinking about all of it and what to do!! Thank you all so much for sharing in the excitement !! This is fun!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:35pm
post #34 of 84

Congratulations!! I'm so excited and happy for you!! Can't wait to hear Charm City's response to your e-mail!!

BCo Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #35 of 84

I'm probably going to check my email 50 times before the end of the day - I know they have a million emials to read each day so I'm sure it will be awhile before they get back to me. Now I'm all crazy wondering how long I should wait for a response!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:20pm
post #36 of 84

OMG, OMG I am SO excited for you! Can hardly wait to see what they come up with for you. I'm with you, even a cupcake from Duff would do it for me. My birthday is in April too, can I go with you when you pick up your cake? icon_rolleyes.gif

Cak3mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cak3mama Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:31pm
post #37 of 84

That is so cool !! U have to post pixs when u get the cake !! I think I would be beside myself if I got a cake from there LOL

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #38 of 84

How awesome is that! Congrats to you!!! We will all be watching to see the cake.... thumbs_up.gif

BCo Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 8:31pm
post #39 of 84

Sure Shirley you can come!!! I'll add you to the list - they would be running for the hills if they saw all the people that want to come with me!! LOL

Ok -so now the story is getting a little better - my boyfriend who's bday is 5 days after mine said he was planning all along to get me a Duff cake for my bday but now he said instead if I want something bigger to go ahead and get it and he'll just pick up the difference!! So now he wants to have a party for the both of us and do it around the cake!! whoo hooo!!!! So now I really don't know what to do as far as design.....I want to incorporate both of us in it now.....back to the drawing board! Ahhhh - this is all too much!! I don't know if I can plan that far ahead!! LOL

I am one lucky girl!

julesn20716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesn20716 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:07pm
post #40 of 84

I would ask them to make a cake to look like Duff's head! That has GOT to make it on the show. I mean, who is the crazy lady who wants to eat Duff's head?????

I'm so excited for you. Definitely take a cake with you when you go - hey maybe you make the Duff cake head and deliver it to him!!!!! lol

BCo Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #41 of 84

OMG_ the Duff head idea is hysterical!! LOL that would be the funniest thing!! Yea - and make the cake red velvet!!! HA HA HA - That would get their attention for sure!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #42 of 84

Congradulation on winning the Cake. I would take a cake when you go pick up your cake.
You are one lucky girl

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:36am
post #43 of 84

I'm just sitting here laughing because you DO remember that Mary Alice and a few of the other gals that work there pop on here from time to time! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

I SO think it'd be cute to see what they'd do knowing the cake is for another cake decorator knowing how picky we all are over our cakes it'd HAVE to be PERFECTLY AWESOME... And the fact about how we all get the "FINALLY, someone else's cake besides my own!" reality of cakes when it comes to our own birthdays.. Keep us all posted!!!

As for the BF... let him buy his own cake!!! icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

BCo Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:39pm
post #44 of 84

That would be funny if the girls from CCC read this....

and as far as the BF goes with the cake - he's pretty much told me to do my own thing b/c it IS my cake!! I was the one who said I would share!! (what was I thinking!) But the more I think about it the more I think he would rather me take this one for my own and have ME make him one of his own!!! I'm willing to share my cake but shhhhh- don't tell anyone, I really don't want to at all! icon_lol.gifusaribbon.gificon_evil.gif I'll give him a slice! icon_lol.gif

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:20pm
post #45 of 84

like how many of us get a cake on our birthday ??? especially one that tastes and looks good.

even cooler if your cake gets on tv

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm
post #46 of 84

I think you should think about it not as a decorator but just as a birthday girl. What have you always wanted, what have you always thought would be a special cake for you. We make cakes for others and never get the opportunity to get a special cake made for us.

(but yes you should do a cake for Duff, I think he would get a kick out of it!)

BCo Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #47 of 84

Well yea, I'm torn between the whole "I'm a cake deorator" idea and something extremely girly, I love the cakes he does with the crystals hanging from the wires - something elegant!

So I still haven't heard a reply back from them so I still have time to decide - this is a hard decision for me - I'm sure this will be the one and only Duff cake for me so I want it to be just right!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:19pm
post #48 of 84

so has the big day arrived yet bturpin.... did you get a cake.... did i miss the post or has it not arrived yet? anxious to know the result of this thread.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:30pm
post #49 of 84

I was wondering the same thing. When I first read the post I thought it was April of 2009. Then I realized it was April 2008.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:47pm
post #50 of 84

I just came across this and I'm dying to know if you got the cake yet! I know it's not April yet but what did you end up ordering? We gotta have pictures...and what size is their cake that feeds 15? $500...Geez....we all have to raise our prices!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:54pm
post #51 of 84

OMG! I remember seeing this thread and then it just died! Maybe we can PM the original poster!!??

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:02am
post #52 of 84

Wow, great that she got the winning bid but who would in their right mind pay:

$500 dollars for a cake for 10 = $50.00 a serving?
$500....................................= $33.33 a serving?

Even if it is a Duff cake!

Ouch!

But, if people can aford to pay his prices, better for us cake decorators/designers

Because that trains our customers to realize that it is Edible Art.

It takes time, creativity and some knowledge in structural engineering. lol

I'm no Duff, but now I don't feel so bad when I tell people my pricing. lol

BCo Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #53 of 84

i'M HERE I'M HERE!!! LOL No - the day has not happened YET!! But I am counting down! I pick it up at the shop on April 18th!!!! So the flavors I went with are Almond Ameretto Creme and the other tier will be Chocolate Cherry!! I can't wait and my whole family keeps asking me how much longer too!! LOL - these past 6 months have flown by but the next few weeks I'm sure will seem like forever!

As for the design....well, I really didn't pick one. I told them some colors that I like and I told them that I had liked the shape of the cake on their website called 'Mary Alice' and I told them that I wanted the crystals and that it should be super girly and sparkly BUT NOT TACKY!! lol - they even wrote that on the invoice icon_biggrin.gif

So not too much longer guys! I think what I am most looking forward to is how the cakes taste - that is really what I want to experience.

I wish I could send a piece to all of you but there definitely will be lots of pictures taken! I'm even taking the kids out of school early that day so they can go with me - they would kill me if I didn't let them go!!! I'll probably have a group of 10 with me to pick up a cake for 30!! LOL

Thanks guys for the post - I promise promise promise I will post pics and a report back the day it happens!!!

step0nmi Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:37pm
post #54 of 84

oh! I can't WAIT now! It really isn't that far away! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:12pm
post #55 of 84

I can't wait!!! Will you be on the TV show??????

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:27pm
post #56 of 84

I am so glad I found this post again....yeh!!!!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:23am
post #57 of 84

Can't wait for the pictures!!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:50pm
post #58 of 84

I was wondering if a picture of the cake was posted, on the last page, of this thread, it said it doesn't exist....

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:58pm
post #59 of 84

yeah!? when I click on this link it says no post exist! What's up with that!? We want to know what happened! icon_biggrin.gif

pinkz4u25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkz4u25 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm
post #60 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

yeah!? when I click on this link it says no post exist! What's up with that!? We want to know what happened! icon_biggrin.gif

Does the same for me? But if i click back a page I see all the replys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%