Seeking All Info About Edible Ink

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 12:44pm by yffrank

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 10:41am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

I want to get some edible ink and use it. I have some questions.

1. Where is the best/cheapest place to buy it?
2. Which paper is easiest to use?
3. Which paper dissolves the best on cake so you cannot even see it?
4. Can you use any printer? If not what brand of printer?

Any information would be great.


4 replies
LSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:13am
post #2 of 5

You can set up your system through your computer. I purchased the Epson C-88 printer.My local cake shop sells the ink cartridges and paper. The printer cost about $80, (I purchased it through ) Office Depot just recently discontinued this model as most of the other stores around me. The paper cost $24.00 and the ink was $72. He also carries the ink for refilling the cartridges for $39.The paper is from Kopykake. You can also order the paper and ink from their website and get a free download of their software for making images. It works great and for $176 I set up a system to make any images. The cheapest system I have found is Kopykake's new Kopykake II system for $599 so I think this is the cheapest way to go. My local cake shop also uses the same system and sells the images for $9 a piece. You can also enlarge and crop the pictures by doing it this way. Hope this helps and good luck!

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 5


Thank you for your reply. So, I cannot use just any printer (so long as it has never been used with regular ink)?


linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 5

There are other printers you can use, but it has to be dedicated to doing only edible images. I use an old cannon that I had, my sil cleaned it and put a new printer head on it. I use supplies from Icing Images, just google them. They have everything you need, paper, cartridges and ink.
Hope this helps.

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 5

I purchased the kopykake system on ebay for $250.00. It was a great price. I get all of my supplies for it at They have everything you will need. I've had it for around a year and I've already make my money back (maybe even twice!!) I make a lot of edible image cookie favor and just one order for a wedding more then payed for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%