Ot: Do You Get Prescriptions Filled At Walgreen's?

Lounge By kakeladi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 1

They will screw you over and never say Thank You maa'm!! icon_cry.gif
I had a perscription filled the end of Aug in Visalia, CA. The pharmacy did not have enough pills to fully fill the prescription icon_mad.gif O.k. they charge me and my insurance for the full prescription and tell me I can get more when I need it.
The prescription was for a total of 4 fillings. The bottle is marked 42/100;3+ refills = this means I got 42 out of 100 and I am entitled to 3+ refills.
So I go yesterday to get the 58 remaining pills as we will be on the road for some 30-40 days. I go to Bakersfield. The pharmacists says 'no can do' you have to go back to V OR I can give you a refill. I reluctlantly agree to a refill.
When I pick up the pills both I & the insurance am charged the full amount. There is a note saying they gave me extra to compensate my inconvience. In the bottle are 95 pills and notation of 2+ refills allowed. Now for the 2nd time a) I have been charged for a full prescription, my insurance will have to pay as if I received the full amount, & c) I'll be charged on the total for the year the insurance allowes, d) have NOT received the full amount either time and e) lost one refill! icon_cry.gif
I argued and argued that either give me a full 100 pills or give me my money back and don't charge my insurance. This all took over 2 hrs of my time - I could have driven up to V & back in that time!icon_sad.gif
Even the store manager could not get them to budge nor understand why!! icon_rolleyes.gif
I now have to fight w/Walgreen's corporate & my insurance.
BTW: this is NOT the 1st time this has happened. On another prescription they did the same thing but I was not smart enough to catch it.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%