Food Network Challenges Today!!

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 1:24am by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 21

Just in case you missed them! (I know I did! icon_cry.gif ) The Halloween Cakes and candies are on again today! And there is also a Halloween Gingerbread challenge! Set your Tivos!!! I can't wait to see them!

If you've seen them....DON'T TELL ME! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

20 replies
briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 21

I saw the first one, but I haven't seen the second one. Thanks for letting us know!!!!!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 21

THANK YOU! I just set my DVR!

icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 21

Hey Stephani...........I FINALLY got to see the Halloween Cake Challenge last night and the only clue I will give you is all the cakes are awesome! I do have a favorite of the five though and will tell you which it is after you have seen the show.

Now, I have NOT seen the Halloween Gingerbread Challenge yet but will try to catch it today. Didn't even know it was coming on today so THANKS for the heads up on this one! icon_smile.gif

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 21

thanks! i cant wait to see them!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 21

Ya'll do know that these challenges are really old right? I love Norm Davis but he didn't place! He's cake was sooo good! He should have gotten 2nd or 3rd. Duff's wasn't that great IMHO. icon_sad.gif

step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Ya'll do know that these challenges are really old right? I love Norm Davis but he didn't place! He's cake was sooo good! He should have gotten 2nd or 3rd. Duff's wasn't that great IMHO. icon_sad.gif

ummm...DON'T TELL ME! icon_lol.gif I don't get to watch them very often so they are not a repeat for me! icon_biggrin.gif

I will probably be watching them tomorrow since there is FOOTBALL today! icon_lol.gif and handing out candy! icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 21

I didn't tell you who won LOL I just said Norm didn't icon_smile.gif When you see it you will realize how old it is. Bronwen looks like a 20 yr old icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 21

Oh that was the 1st time I'd seen it too icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:

Yep, but, yesterday was the first time I wasn't busy and could actually sit down and watch. Awful huh!

step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:

Yep, but, yesterday was the first time I wasn't busy and could actually sit down and watch. Awful huh!

icon_lol.gif LOL That's how I feel!! LMAO!!! icon_lol.gif

yinyangmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yinyangmama Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:47pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:

I didn't tell you who won LOL I just said Norm didn't icon_smile.gif When you see it you will realize how old it is. Bronwen looks like a 20 yr old icon_smile.gif

it's not THAT old...although Bronwen does look quite different. it's from 2005 (the cake one, at least)...i know, i was there.

thanks for the head's up about the gingerbread one though...i've never seen that one!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:53pm
post #13 of 21

I saw the cake/candy challenge but I have my tvo set to the gingerbread today! (so excited!)

The cake/candy challenge is awesome! The thing that blew my mind was the way Bronwen "sculpts" the fondant after it is on the cake! icon_eek.gif Watch for it - how the heck does she do that without tearing or stretching the fondant?!?! icon_confused.gif If anyone knows, please give out the secret thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:57pm
post #14 of 21

I will probably be watching them tomorrow since there is FOOTBALL today! and handing out candy!

Is Halloween three days earlier where you live??? lol

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:08pm
post #15 of 21

2005 is old icon_smile.gif I wish they would come up with some new Challenges. I love to watch them! When I was at the ICES Convention Norm, Colette, Linda Shank, Kerry Vincent even Nick Lodge all said that foodtv should show more of the shows then they do. They said they joke & play around the whole time. I wish we could see that side of it. icon_smile.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

I will probably be watching them tomorrow since there is FOOTBALL today! and handing out candy!

Is Halloween three days earlier where you live??? lol

I was wondering that myself icon_biggrin.gif Halloween is Wednesday here LOL icon_smile.gif

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:31pm
post #17 of 21

BeckySue - the judge asked Bronwen how she does that. She has a LOT of frosting under the fondant, so she can "sculpt" by moving the frosting around under the fondant. They also stated that she practiced that cake over and over again. Practice makes perfect. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll have to watch the gingerbread episode. Too late to make a Halloween gingerbread house this year, but there's always next year.

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:04pm
post #18 of 21

Thanks for the heads up. I have already seen the Halloween cake challenge but not the gingerbread house one. It says 2007 so it must be new.

Bronwen is amazing. I´ve seen her doing that kind of modelling live and she makes it seem so easy.

Inma

step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:59pm
post #19 of 21

Yes, Trick or Treat is here on the Sunday BEFORE Halloween! It has been like that ever since I was born! Some bad things happened in this town in the 70's and it's been that way ever since. I think they have been trying to change it but, haven't yet...parents still like it that way I guess!

icon_lol.gif
I just got done giving out candy to like 100 kids! Big year here!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:18am
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Trick or Treat is here on the Sunday BEFORE Halloween! It has been like that ever since I was born!

That is so funny - it is the opposite here in Utah. Halloween is always on the day of the week that it falls UNLESS it is Sunday - then most people go out the Saturday before. LOL Utah pretty much shuts down on Sunday....

I am watching the GB House challenge right now. It is just beginning, but these will be amazing if all goes acording to plan.....

step0nmi Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:24am
post #21 of 21

I think if it falls on a saturday they do trick or treat on a saturday... I am not sure...I haven't gotten there yet! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%