Wedding Cake Webite Sites- Do It Yourself- Anyone Know Any?

Decorating By Thia Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 3:39am by CoutureCake

Thia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thia Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a professional looking easy to use website builder site for my wedding cake business. Anyone have any suggestions?
I would like to put it together with myown uploaded photos, music background etc. Any help appreciated.
Thia

5 replies
crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 6

I really love Yahoo Site Builder. I'm a novice and was able to do a lot with their tutorials

They also have lots of templates and unlimited space for all of your photos.

Oh...and the design program FREE!

MFitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MFitz Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 6

Homestead.com

Very user friendly graphics programme- can create a very professional site in your style and also have an email account with your website name.

Very low monthly fee

Have fun building your site!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 6

Godaddy.com - plus they're incredibly reasonable all things considered. I use their Website Tonight program and even with dialup it still creates and updates pretty quickly. The important thing to remember though is to keep your picture size small (150 or less dpi)...

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 6

I tried godaddy.com and had the same problem: the photos had to be very small to upload and it was hard to make them look professional.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6

With Website tonight you can shrink the size of the photos once you've uploaded them (I just did this last night with the photo from a cake I did three weekends ago). The thing with the dpi is keeping your website easy for those of us with dialup able to navigate! If the file size is large people can't load your site quickly. If your customers are stuck loading your pictures forever even with highspeed, they're on to the next site without a second thought because "obviously" your webmaster didn't shrink the file size so people can browse your site and you just wanted people to be able to see the detailing on the photos better. The reality is only cakers are looking at the pictures that closely. They're looking for the little swirly pattern or the ribbon around the bottom of a tier like THEY want their cake to look like.

It's just something to consider regardless of which website builder you use. Even if it loads quick on your computer you have to consider the slower computer users because not everyone has a high speed connection.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%