Very Drunk Cherries...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 4:36am by GenGen

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:34am
post #1 of 7

Two years ago I poured out at least some of the cherry juice in a couple of jars of cherries, thought I'm pretty sure I poured out all, and added alcohol to them. One jar got brandy and the other got rum. I did this with plans of making Cherry Cordials, but like many other things I plan to do, I didn't get around to it.

I just found these jars, which were stored in the cabinet, and was wondering if they were okay to use. They look fine, nothing growing in them.

Would you use them or just toss them out?

6 replies
gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:54am
post #2 of 7

alcohol is a preservative of sorts so i would say they would be fine... but wait until you get a few more opinions first lol! icon_biggrin.gif

artist63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artist63 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 7

my in laws are big on putting fruit in alcohol, and let me say sometimes it sits for a very long time. Just be careful my niece got plastered from eating the cherries out of the empty jar of brandy. course she ate ALOT of them but I think the ones you have will be fine.

TexasSugar Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:10am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your replies. icon_smile.gif

Belovedeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Belovedeve Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:22am
post #5 of 7

if you don't want them you could mail them to me icon_smile.gif lol

TexasSugar Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:07am
post #6 of 7

Oh I have some guys in the family that will eat them I know. I just wanted to make sure they were okay to use. I thought the alcohol would preserve them, but sometimes you just want someone else to say it is okay too.

Does anyone know how long Cherry Cordials are good for after you make them? I know you need to let them sit for a while to get gooey, but how long are they good for after that?

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:36am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkitten79

alcohol is a preservative of sorts so i would say they would be fine... but wait until you get a few more opinions first lol! icon_biggrin.gif

translated: just wait till you have a few more cherries that is icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%