Definition Of A Sculpted Cake?

Decorating By Price Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 3:47am by TooMuchCake

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #1 of 2

I am considering entering a cake in a decorating contest. I have a cake in mind, but am not sure if it falls into the scuplted category. I will be stacking two cakes. The bottom tier will need to have a little bit trimmed off of 2 sides to give it a concave shape. (Kind of a peanut shape. I'm thinking of starting with an oval) Does that constitute a sculpted cake? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 reply
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:47am
post #2 of 2

In my experience, different shows have different ideas of what constitutes "sculpted." When I sculpt a showpiece, there's no doubt what category it's supposed to be in, haha, but sometimes I've seen others where the decorator has slightly shaped the dummies but it's still basically a round or a square shape, and the judges have either moved it to a sculpted category or taken off points for having a sculpture in a regular category.

I strongly suggest that if there's any doubt, you contact the show coordinator and describe what you plan to do, and get them to advise you what you should categorize your cake as.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%