What To Charge For 'severed Fingers' Cookies

Baking By kelly75 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm by KHalstead

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:35am
post #1 of 7

I made some of the severed finger cookies - in my pics - for fun for my DD's teachers and now I've been asked how much for 30 of them. I've not sold any cookies (just cakes) and although I've read the guideline of charging for cookies by the inch, I have no idea what to charge for these fingers.

Can anyone help?

Kelly

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 7

well, depends on how big they are??? If they're the size of a normal finger I probably wouldn't charge more than .50 a piece but I'm in a market here that wouldn't support much more than that......Imean it's probably like a two or three bite cookie right?? I think yours are the best I've seen by the way.....I really like when they have the painted nails...but I've never seen the finger part look so lifelike as yours do! Did you find that the dough spread?/ Like did you have to make them skinnier than you actually wanted them to turn out???

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 7

I charge $7.50 a dozen for them here......

mommyandlovinit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandlovinit Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 7

I agree with beckalita...that's what i would do

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks. I was thinking of charging â¬5 per 'hand' (5 fingers!), but I really have no idea if people would pay that, much less though and its just not worth my time.

I'd still like to hear what others have / would charge for these.

Khalstead, I'd had a couple of the fingers in the fridge for an hour and they did not spread, but the others were only slightly chilled and they got quite fat. I pressed them to thin them back out when they'd just come out of the oven and as they were still so soft they went right back to their pre-baked size.

Kelly

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:20am
post #6 of 7

I'm selling 2 doz for $12, because I think they're kind of easy and I just kind of wanted to attract new customers. I have them listed as a Fall special. Ordinarily, if they weren't a "special" I'd charge more.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 7

thanks......oh by the way I love the idea of charging per hand!! so creative!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%