Piping Gel

Decorating By Faccina Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm by Faccina

Faccina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faccina Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 7:30am
post #1 of 3

Hi!!

Can you please help and advise how can I use piping gel for writing and for image transfers.
Many many thanks!!
Faccina icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 3

well, for writing you just write with it.......it can be colored with any gel food coloring quite easily. As for a transfer, you take a sheet of parchment paper and put it over a photo you'd like to transfer (coloring pages are usually the way to go) and pipe the gel over all the lines in the photo and then let it sit for about five minutes to firm up it won't get hard or anything but it won't be runny either, let flip the parchment over onto the cake, take a small paintbrush and gently brush it along all the lines of the photo you're transfering (on the back of the parchment) to help the gel adhere to the cake.......then slowly peel it off being careful not to smear the gel .......once it's off you should have a perrfect outline of your photo to follow....sometimes I do the outline in black gel if i'm going to go back and make all the outlines black anyhow but if you don't want the outline to show at all use the clear, it will still show up enough for you to follow but won't necessarily be obvious once the whole picture is colored in. HTH

Faccina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faccina Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you!!

Anyone was graphic tutorial?

cheers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%